Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civil War: The implications and fallout
For those of you reading the Civil War (and if you aren't you should kick yourself now):
So far, what are your thoughts.

The Civil War books we are getting are:
The Amazing Spider-Man
Fantastic Four
The New Avengers
Civil War

I'm only about a few issues into it (we have Civil War #2 laying here) and I have to say, a few things have me.

I know we've got other forums to talk about the implications in the books other than the Avengers, but since the heavy hitters are deeply involved in the Civil War, I thought this was the best place for it.

1: I'm a bit miffed that the whole FF storyline surrounding Mjoliner seemingly disappeared when the Civil War books started. I was happy to see at the end of the latest issue I have (issue 538) they do address it, somewhat.
2: Spider-Man. We all know what's going to happen next. Now that his rogue's gallery knows who he is, MJ is a walking target. Joe Quesada has went on record saying he hates the Peter/MJ marriage. It's making it hard to attract new fans. No one wants to read about a 32 year old married Spider-Man, except us long time fans. Peter's life has had so much tragedy in it, I think Tony Stark and his push for Peter to sign the registration act just added a whole other chapter to that.
3: Captain America. ROCK ON CAP! It's great to see the Symbol of Liberty taking such a big stand. Does it matter that half the known world knows who Steve Rogers is? No, to him it's the principal of the matter.
4:Superhero registration smacks to me of "Mutant Registration." if I see so much as one X-Man falling in line with this, I'll be sorely disappointed. This is, if anything, the very thing the X-men have fought against for decades. And it doesn't jive with the whole X-universe.

Thoughts? Perceptions? Ideas?
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread