Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's in the New Justice League of America?
I too would love to see a Flash, and no Martian Manhunter seems wrong - but we're not trying to fill our favorite line-up, we're trying to second guess Brad Meltzer. He has said, regarding these two characters, that he's not a J'Onn fan and that the only Flash with good odds to join is Jay Garrick, but he's not sure how long the powers that be will let him be around (!).

The absence of a Flash brings me back to the early days of the ressurected Red Tornado joining the JLoA. There were a few comments made that the Flash wasn't needed with Reddy around. The Christmas Key adventure that guest-starred John Stewart actually stands out in my memory in this respect.

And Local, J'Onn did survive Infinite Crisis, but he is also starring in his own series again, so the decision to leave him out may have been editorial as well as Meltzer's preference.

According to Meltzer in Wizard, Green Arrow has bad odds, but Black Canary has good - but to be on the team separately is unlikely - so he eliminated both. Meltzer did say he was a Hal Jordan fan but also that none of the Big Three would agree to having him on board. That's why I went with John Stewart.

Glenn

Messages In This Thread