Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel's Iron Man has found its Tony Stark!
From Ain't it Cool News---

Brace yourselves for what happens when someone makes the right choice for once.

Tony Stark will be played by Robert Downey, Jr.

I can’t even express how much I love that choice. First of all, congratulations to Paramount and Marvel for having the nerve to pin their franchise on Downey. He’s had some rough years, but if I’ve ever seen anyone aggressively work to rehab their career, it’s Downey. Even in his darkest days, he was doing good work, but lately he seems more in touch than ever with what makes him great as a performer. He’s excellent with comedy, and he can break an audience’s heart with ease. Rare combination.

And when the franchise finally gets into some of Tony Stark’s darkest hours, when he faces down his own demons in the second film or the third, can you imagine how much soul Downey can bring to it? If handled right, that’s some of the most potent dramatic material in any Marvel movie, and now they’ve got the right actor to make it all work.

Congratulation, Favreau and Paramount and Marvel.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I love this casting. He is the perfect sort of quirky non-mainstream choice for this role. On the whole I don't believe the average movie viewer will know who Iron man is, but with just a touch of luck, Downey will capture the role perfectly and then audiences everywhere will know this classic character. And maybe it'll help to revitalize his acting career a bit in the process. Fingers crossed big time for the success of this project.

~Thor

Messages In This Thread