Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel's new X-Force
If you have no idea what this rant is about to address...go read the press release in the "Hot Off the Presses" forum... http://www.comicsuncovered.com/phpBB2/vi...c.php?t=76

Ok, so just when I thought Marvel was pulling itself out of the mediocrity, they make an announcement that will have many fans circling with their torches. Marvel Comics, under the direction of EIC Joe Quesada, is going to be releasing a new X-Force series. Which, in itself would have me jumping for joy. And Fabian Nicieza is writing it. More jumping. And Rob Liefeld is drawing it...what?! How can that be? I have never met one fan in my almost twenty years of comic collecting that appreciates, or even almost likes, Rob Liefeld's artwork.

Now I will admit, I have not spoken with every comic book fan on the planet personally, so I do not know if Liefeld does indeed have fans out there. It is possible. And if you are one of them, or if you are Rob Liefeld, I will appologize up front, but I think the guy has a big fat goose egg in the talent column.

He draws characters horribly out of proportion, even when they are in the simplest of poses. He is incapable of drawing a character looking anything but pissed off. The only reason his artwork looks any better today than it did in 1991, is because the coloring techniques have grown by leaps and bounds. A colorist can not be sadled with the responsibility of making an artist better than he truly is. You can paint a turd the prettiest shade of blue in the world, but you can not hide the simple fact that it is still a turd.

The Hammer has been Dropped,
The Mighty Thor

Messages In This Thread