Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Movies: Cage
Reported: 23 March 2004
Source: ComicsContinuum

John Singleton, director of the Luke Cage movie, told The Continuum that an announcement regarding the lead actor should be made soon.

"I got a couple of people in mind, but it's premature to say," Singleton told The Continuum after the Spider-Man 2 panel last weekend at Wizard World Los Angeles. "It's going to be announced in probably a week or so who's going to be Cage."

The film is set up at Sony, where Singleton and Marvel Studios; Avi Arad first worked to develop the character some nine years ago.

The script is written by Ben Ramsey.

"It's dope. It's dope," Singleton said. "We're working on a new draft and we should be casting really soon."

Singleton told The Continuum the villain will be Diamondback, the original Hero for Hire comics villain who framed him and had him sent to prison.

"And I'm trying to get in some of the other characters, like Chemistro, and maybe the Wrecking Crew or some of the obscure Marvel villains," Singleton said.

Singleton confirmed that Cage will be using his trademark "Sweet Christmas" line in the film.

"When I read the script, I bust out laughing when he said that," Singleton said. "But he can't wear the yellow shirt and he can't have the chains -- I'm not having that. And it's not like the Richard Corben one, either. "I'm doing the movie for one reason, to have him break out of Seagate Prison with his bare hands," Singleton said, laughing.

Singleton said he hopes to get production started by late summer for a 2005 release.

"It's a fun movie. It's hip. It's so cool," Singleton said. "Imagine if 50 Cent got super-powers."
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread