Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Trip-The Prelude
“It’d be nice if I could get a hand here!” Kei hollered in an attempt to get the boat driver’s attention, but he had a set of headphones firmly planted over his ears and didn’t seem to acknowledge the Hawaiian woman.
“Or I could just pull all this stuff out myself and go all ace to the compound, breakin’ my back while I’m at it.” She muttered readjusting her frames on the bridge of her nose and dropping first her 4 duffel bags onto the dock and then her three board bags. This was nowhere near being all her belongings; Kei had only brought the essentials and had made Marco promise to send the rest of her stuff to her within the next couple days.

Jumping off the side of the boat she landed in amongst the stuff on the dock and waved goodbye to the driver who still hadn’t acknowledged her, “Chivalry is most definitely dead, wahine.” Kei told herself, really wishing that the man had decided to accompany her up to the base since she had issues with solitude. The surfer chick grit her teeth as she slung two board bags over her left shoulder and the other over her right, picking up the duffel bags in each hand. Slowly and arduously she made her way to the base, finally reaching the door and dropping a couple duffel bags so she could open said door.

Kei spoke to their government liaison briefly and her first impression made her think of an air-headed beach bunny that used to hang around Ala Moana watching all the male surfers and giggling insanely whenever one would speak to her, so Kei had deemed it important to make a stealthy escape from the woman for the sake of her own sanity. Finding the room assigned to her she dropped her duffels on the bed and leant the board bags against the wall, looking around the room she figured it would work. It was larger than her room at Marco’s but it didn’t quite feel like home yet.
“Quit actin’ like you just got rag-dolled and missed the best barrel of the go-out.” Kei told herself, having caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror…she hadn’t realized how morose she looked until now, “You could be wastin’ away in some facility instead you’ve got yourself a job. True, that beach only looks to be producin’ ankle busters but that’s why you brought the pig with you.” Kei stared long and hard at herself in the mirror finally forcing a smile onto her face.

“Be happy.” She ordered, turning to open one of her four duffel bags in search of her favorite suit and shorts, she knew they had to be in here because she made sure at least 4 times that she hadn’t left them in the laundry or on her floor in Honolulu. Of course, in her search she also managed to dump the other contents of the bag onto the bed and floor.
“Place already looks better.” Kei said proudly as she found the aquamarine colored bikini and the white board short, making sure she had closed the door behind her she slipped out of the denim shorts and yellow tank top she’d been wearing on the trip to the island and quickly slipped on the bikini and the shorts.

Within 10 minutes she had gotten her board and grabbed her board wax, rashguard and a towel heading for the beach she had seen briefly upon her arrival. The water wasn’t producing large waves but at least she’d be able to get out and active.
“And no bunny’s to bug the hell out of you.” Kei laughed as she made it onto the beach dropping her stuff and taking her sandals off, not realizing that the beach wasn’t as deserted as she thought. Pulling the yellow rashguard over her head, she made sure her board was waxed enough and headed for the surf eager to see what the waves were like.

Messages In This Thread