Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Trip-The Prelude
It had been months since Xlorvok had seen his own face. Between the time of his capture outside the Princess Bar in Madripoor and now, he hadn't been able to drop his 'John Starling' persona for a second. Who knew what kind of trouble the other inmates would make if they found out he was a Skrull.

He sat staring at Starling's face in the mirror in his cell, when the armored guard called out to him to stand back from the cell door. Used to the procedure, he did as he was told. This routine was usually accompanied by a plate of food being placed into his cell, but not this time. As he stepped back, the door swung open long enough to allow a black suited government type to enter his eight by eight barred home. The agent stood stoically, and spoke one simple sentence, "You've made parole."

The next thing ‘Vok knew, he was on a landing strip situated amongst the peaks of the Colorado Rockys. The government spook shoved him onto the plane, handed him a file and then promptly disappeared, as the pilot wasted no time in taking off. This was all too weird. ‘Vok had woken up a prisoner of the federal government, and he would most likely go to bed tonight as one of their employees. Fate was too strange for his taste some days. Hoping he had nothing to loose, he propped his feet up on the opposite facing seat, and allowed his human features to melt away, revealing his emerald hued skin beneath. The pilot took notice of the Skrull passenger now seated behind him, but said nothing. ‘Vok grinned, glad that his appearance was not quite so out of place here. Maybe this new venture could turn out ok after all.

After an all too long flight, the plane had finally made it over Floridian waters. It was then that Xlorvok had a most amusing idea. In all rights, he should have outgrown such childish notions long ago, but he didn’t care. Let his brother be the responsible one. ‘Vok was entirely too wrapped up in making life fun: both for himself and for those around him. He sat forward in his seat with a wide smile across his face. “Thanks for the lift mate, but I believe this is my stop.” Before the pilot could even respond, ‘Vok threw himself out of the small plane, and dove nose first into the cold waters of the Atlantic, taking on the form of a porpoise mid-dive. He knew that he was still quite a distance from Twilight, but he felt like a swim. Freedom was a wonderful thing, and he was determined to enjoy every second of it.

After a nice long swim, ‘Vok had finally made it to Twilight. He was swimming at full speed when he noticed a girl attempting to surf the mild waves. ”Great, a chance to make a blue ribbon first impression.” Changing shape once more, ‘Vok reverted to his Starling form, which he had always found the ladies preferred over his green cleft chin and big pointed ears. He swam along side her, allowing his long dark hair to trail behind him, flashing a bright white smile up at her. “Nice day for a swim isn’t it? I just couldn’t help myself. Well, I bet ol’ Battle-ax Cooper wants to see me, so I suppose I’ll catch up to you later. Have fun.” And with that brief introduction, Xlorvok swam up onto the beach, not far from where a pink haired faery was sunning herself. ”Taskmaster never sent me on a job like this. I could get used to the view around this place.” With carnal thoughts swimming in his brain, ‘Vok made his way up to the main building, hoping Battle-ax wouldn’t take up too much of his time. He had other things he’d much rather be doing.

Messages In This Thread