Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Trip-The Prelude
~~~~~~~~
Two Days Ago
~~~~~~~~

"You're such a crybaby sometimes. I swear to God Grams' right about you. Big bad boogey man acting afraid of a little ghost." The feiminie voice admonished as De strolled into his flat just a few seconds ahead of the voice's owner.

"First of all....Grams is nutters. Secondly...so are you. And thirdly, that was no little ghost, ok? A ghost'll move little things and rattle chains. And that was no chain rattler. That was more like 'OI! I'm dead as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more!!!'. And furthermore....I wasn't afraid. Concerned maybe....but not afraid." De said in retort as he tossed his keys down upon a coffee table, where they landed atop a small package that hadn't been there whe he had left some months prior.

The woman who accompanied him noticed it as well as she closed the door behind her. The two of them exchanged a brief glance before she moved over to the table to retrieve said package, De instead heading to the kitchen and pulling two beers from the fridge.

"Looks like dad sent you another care package. You know what!? How come you get all the free stuff from dad and I still have to pay for mine!?" She asked rather upset.

"Because you're looney and dad likes me better. Says you take to much after mum. Who takes after Grams. And you know he hates Grams." De replied, exchanging one of the beers for the package as he sat his own down. The sound of cardboard being torn open sprung into the air at the same time as the woman's beer being opened, her bottle tipping towards the heavens as she drank and watched her brother pour four bottles of pills, two vials of fluids (one black, one yellow), and a note onto the table.

He sat on his sofa and cracked open his own beer as he picked up the note, his sister walking around the table to take a seat next to him.

"What does it say?"

"Have I read it yet, twit?"

"Have I shot you yet, De?"

"See that!? Always with the shooting me! I swear...one of these days I'm gonna get tired of it and shoot you back." he commented as he thumbed the note open and began to read quitely to himself, his sister letting her hands pick up and examine the various other contents that came in the cardboard box.

"Dear Natey...sorry I missed your birthday yadda yadda yadda. Sent you the usual yadda yadda... Oi! Lookee this." he said, leaning over a bit so his little sister could see, her free hand coming up to push a few stray red braids back behind her ear as she read along with De, her eyes tracing the note where he ran his finger along it. "I also sent you a sample of a new product I call Invisible Light. I plan to sell it as a fluid, but I know how much you hate needles so I capped them for you. Don't worry lad as this ain't one of those Lovey-Doveys you hate so much. Its more like that Sunshine you love, except without the golden haze over the sight. And better yet...it's virtually undetectable in the piss and in the blood, so you can have a party and not have to worry about any ponce coppers finding it in ya. Be careful not to mix it with Haze or any TGH. One makes you impotent for a week and the other'll kill you. I forget which is which though."

"He's trying to kill you..."

"Hush you. Also....give your sister my love if you see her and tell your mum the money's on the way. Love always...your Dad."

"I still say he's trying ta kill you. And if he knows you hate needles why send you Abyss as a liquid and as a pill? What cha gonna do with the liquid?" she asked as she stood up and moved over to his kitchen, setting her beer down before peeling off her coat revealing various small knives and assorted firearms.

"Paulo likes to shoot up. Says it works better that way. And Aims is all but hooked on the Sunshine, so I use 'em as gifts."

He took a nice long pull from his beer as he sat there, letting his eyes fall closed as he lay his head back. He hadn't been home in months....and before that he hadn't been home in months. In that past year he had probably spent a grand total of somewhere around three days under his own roof. And while the feeling was nothing new to him...it still didnt feel right. He kicked off his shoes and proped his feet up on the table as he sat, prepared to nod off, but was never afforded the luxury as the 'BEEP' of his answering machine popped his eyes open. His sister having taken the liberty of checking his messages.

It was a long line of people calling. Some male, some female, all looking to get in touch with him to go 'party' in one form of the word or another. But there was one message in particular that caught his ear, and the ear of his sister. Aims as De called her, born Amy Lynn Grimes, had been De's partner during his final year working Australia's Nightside. And while hearing her voice was nothing new, the message she delivered certainly was.

~~~~~~~~
Today
~~~~~~~~

De stepped off the helicopter with a curse muttered thru clenched teeth as he finally manuevered his way off the vehicle with a small plastic bag gripped between his teeth, a large gym bag snugly held in his left hand, and four suits slung over his right shoulder. He was presently dressed in a lime green suit with matching tie and shoes over a stark yellow shirt and socks. His dreads, at the moment still red, where whipping about furiously in the tempest caused by the heli as he walked briskly towards the base.

He had tried his best to be civil with Dr. Cooper when he met her, complimenting her on her eyes and hair though mentally he was still upset. The black roots of his hair were as clear as day upon his head and somehow during the rush of his packing, he and Shy, born Shyanne Isabella Niles, had managed to lose his favorite pair of panties.

With a final wink in her direction and his small plastic bag now being held by his left pinky, he set off to find his room. He was in desperate need of another shower, perhaps a shave, and some time to dye his hair up proper.

Messages In This Thread