Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Trip-The Prelude
The warmth of AJ's hand felt good to 'Vok. It was nice to have someone on the team that he already felt comfortable with. It was not a feeling that he was all that accustomed to. His heritage or his attitude often precluded him from feeling comfortable anywhere. But, with the exception of the Battle-ax, he was quickly finding his current surroundings less than horrible. The well dressed man called Nate was the only one he was unsure of. He had already said that he wasn't fond of Skrulls, but that didn't necessarily make him a bag guy. Hell, Ch'od wasn't fond of Skrulls either, but 'Vok and the big green Starjammer had been best freinds for years. Nate was the only one of the new team so far that knew 'Vok's secret, and he was eager to see what the man would do with that information.

It was funny how comfortable AJ seemed to be with everyone. Like she didn't have a care in the world. It was certainly different from the 'on edge' feeling that 'Vok usually walked around with. Maybe that was why the Skrull took to the girl so quickly...she just made it seem so easy. He let the others talk for a moment before he spoke up himself. He had to be careful when he was talking to others anyway. He had lived on Earth for quite a many years now, but his Skrull accent still reared its ugly head once in a while. 'Vok had to concentrate to keep it under wraps, not yet wanting to trust the group entirely. "I'm new around here myself. Kei and I met out in the surf...sort of. Nate was here when I first arrived. And AJ already seems to be a sucker for my animal magnetism. But other than that, I haven't had the pleasure. Nice to meet you De. I'd shake your hand, but I'd hate for you to frighten the women again. Best to just leave those hands where they are."

Messages In This Thread