Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Trip-The Prelude
'Vok stood halfway down the hallway, listening as Val Cooper spit her venom in Traver's direction. He had found himself on the receiving end of her spite more times than he cared to remember, and was pretty glad it wasn't him that had incited the current lecture. But still, he couldn't let the others be subjected to her winning personality all by themselves. Still looking every bit human, and speaking calmly without a hint of his natural Skrull accent, 'Vok walked back towards to entry hall. He gave Nate a friendly punch on the shoulder and smiled, "Don't sweat the wench, she's still sore somebody dropped a house on her sister. I got shanghaied into working for one of her other dismally doomed endeavors, and have regretted it ever since. Whoever thought of letting her and Mystique lead a team outta be resigned to Davey Jones locker for the rest of their naturals. Do like I do…ignore her. It’ll keep you alive longer.”

Hoping that Cooper had overheard everything he had said, ‘Vok walked calmly back down the hall with a self-satisfied expression on his face. AJ’s German Shepherd lopped past ‘Vok in the hall, sending a growl in his direction as she made a beeline for the doggie door in the kitchen. The growling didn’t really surprise him, for he knew that dogs could often sense his true identity even through his altered appearance. Dogs didn’t seem to care for deception. But he couldn’t let it bother him, for he had a faery to find. Finding an open bedroom, ‘Vok pinned his shoulder against the doorframe of AJ’s room, and casually swung his weight around it, hanging halfway into her room. She was sitting on the floor, with her hands balled tightly into fists, looking very little like the care-free woman he had been flirting with just minutes ago. Testing the waters, he said, “If this is a bad time, I could come back?”

Messages In This Thread