Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Trip-The Prelude
The radio in Firefly's bedroom broke away from the annoying bubblegum pop it was playing for a news brief. A sultry female voice who introduced herself as Starry Knight came through the radio and read off her news.
"Hey kids, this is your old pal Starry Knight with a WKEY weather bulletin. The National Weather service in Miami has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the Dade County area extending as far south as Key West until 5 am tomorrow morning. This storm has been producing 45 mile per hour winds and tornadic activity. So batten down the hatches, looks like Key West is in for a long night. In the meantime, let's switch over to our love songs after dark, keep all your would be romantics minds off the stormy weather. Starry's here to keep you company."

Valerie Cooper sat at the computer bank watching the impending storm approach. Either she'd have to leave now and beat it, or wait until morning to head back to Washington. A soft beep pulled her away from her thoughts and she pushed a red button the console to reveal a man in shadows on the viewscreen.
"You've done well enough for the day Doctor Cooper, they can handle themselves while your gone. You have business to attend to." With that the communication ended and Val pulled her glasses off and rubbed her eyes.
"What have I gotten myself into now?" She stood up and grabbed her briefcase and told her assistants to make the helicopter ready, they were departing immediately.
She pressed an intercom button as she pulled back on her suit jacket. Her voice was immediately heard in every room of the building.
"Ok team, I've been monitoring a weather situation and it's forcing me to leave earlier than I had expected for Washington. I'm sure you'll figure things out, and Firefly has already been her long enough that she's had some computer training on these systems should you need to monitor anything, I'm sure Ms. Broussard will be more than helpful to you." The last part sounded more like a threat than an actual statement. Val ended the message with a "Take care and don't blow the place up."
Anyone looking out the windows would see Dr. Cooper and her 2 assistants making a mad dash to the awaiting helicopter and sprinting off into the darkening late afternoon sky.

Messages In This Thread