Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Trip-The Prelude
The rain was coming down in sheets, plastering Firefly's clothes to her as she fought the winds to make her way to the edge of the roof. Firing up the night vision goggles she looked towards the ocean, trying to get a good look at whatever it was rising up out of the water.
The microphone on the glasses was coming in back in the command center and they all heard her say "Oh Mah God."

"Actually Burst, it rather is like that. But I don't like the name "Bunny", you can call me Lazarus."
A voice from behind them had sounded. As they turned their attention from the window to the monitor on the wall, they all saw a man bathed in shadows, sitting behind a desk.
"I thought it was high time I introduced myself to my team. Now, as you are well aware, Dr. Cooper will be leading you around by the nose, but it was I that hand picked each of you. And I see that "Spot" has decided to come out and play has he?" Lazarus motioned his head towards the windows and the creature outside.
"He's harmless. I believe the ladies here have stirred up his more amorous intentions earlier in the day...as it seems Ms. Broussard did with almost everyone standing in this room." They could almost make out the smirk on his face. "Well, don't be surprised if you see him peeking in windows and the lot. He's part of the "Paranormal Parole Program". In essence, he did something bad, now he's having to do his time for it. And you lot, are his jailers."
It was Shadow Strike who turned his attention from Lazarus to the window again, and when yet another flash of lightening hit, he could make out the creature in exact detail.
"Spot? You're calling the Kraken "Spot"?" he looked almost dumbfounded as he turned back to Lazarus.
"Yes well, "Kraken" has such a "Clash of the Titans" feel to it. Besides, he's harmless."

On the roof however, Angelee was beginning to wonder what the creature was. It was about that time that it began to rise further out of the water, as if to walk on the island, when she let out a gasp and fainted.

Back inside, Lazarus went on to explain his secret branch of the government and how they handled the paranormal activities around the world. He paused midsentence as someone leaned to whisper something to him. Chuckling, he addressed the team again.
"Would someone be so kind as to go to the roof and retrieve Ms. Broussard? It seems she's fainted at the sight of Spot."

Messages In This Thread