Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Trip-The Prelude
It took all the fortitude ‘Vok could muster to avoid jumping five feet into the air after taking the jolt from Cameron. But he managed to maintain his composure. Maybe he was posturing a bit, but he wanted to be sure the ex-guy knew where he stood. So he fought back the pain, and ignored the lingering tingle in his fingertips, and said his piece. But it didn’t exactly have the desired results. Instead of sending Cameron packing, it turned out to be ‘Vok getting the brush off. ”That’s savvy. The girl has things to work out. Better to let her unpack now, instead of later. My arms get tired when I try to carry around someone else’s baggage.“ He flashed an unnerved smile at AJ and remarked, “S’alright princess. I’ll see you downstairs later.” Making sure to give Cameron a wide berth, ‘Vok turned and made his way down the steel steps, and back into the control room.

Once inside, and out of earshot of the duo on the roof, he let out a rather loud cry of pain, “Yeeouch! Little tip for you all…do not touch the human lightning rod up there when you just happen to be standing in a large puddle. It smarts.” With the exterior door closed behind him, ‘Vok was just in time to hear Chandi’s mumbled comment. He replied, “No…AJ has not killed anyone. In fact, I think they are making up.”

Glad to be out of the rain, ‘Vok removed the now drenched club shirt he had been wearing, and draped it over his arm. He wasn’t especially fond of having to wear the same clothing all the time, but it had its purpose. Every stitch he wore was made of a native Skrull polymer that shapeshifted along with its wearer to suit his needs. As long as he remained in contact with his clothes, they would retain their false appearance just the same as him. Finding his attention drawn to Chandi’s especially skimpy outfit, ‘Vok smiled. “Ye be tellin’ no lies there, girl…’tis a beauty indeed. Looks like we could both use a wardrobe change. So, if the world is not in any immediate peril, I’ll be off to find the laundry.”

Messages In This Thread