Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Trip-The Prelude
Catching the devious smile Kei shot in his direction, ‘Vok couldn’t help but immediately like the girl. A flirt and an imp…this team was shaping up nicely. Hopefully the rest of the team was as much fun as AJ and Kei. He had only briefly met the latter female earlier on the waves and he apparently hadn’t made the impression that he had intended. “I didn’t mean ye no harm out in the surf, lass. Was just tryin’ to say ‘ello the only way available to me at the time. Woulda been downright rude to just swim past with naught but a nod of the head.” He hoped the attempt would help to soothe the girl’s bruised ego a bit. He didn’t need to be making enemy’s out of his new team this soon into it. And a bit of honesty would go a long way to gain their trust, so he continued.

“And its not like I was given much choice in me mode of transportation this afternoon. The boys in black picked me up straight outta the pen, and dumped me here. Fortunately, a bit of ocean doesn’t hinder a guy who can web his feet and grow gills, right? Bein’ a shape shifter has its advantages that way.” ‘Vok kicked back on the couch, and tossed the remote control along side his feet that had just found their way onto the coffee table. There wasn’t anything worth watching on the tube, unless you happened to be one of those boring degenerates who actually enjoyed the Weather Channel. He rung his fingers through his finally dry hair, and proceeded to wrap his long dark hair into a quickly formed ponytail. His current appearance was the complete opposite from his true form. Lightly tanned skin replaced the emerald hue that naturally graced his features. A pair of cut off shorts and wife-beater T-shirt rested on his frame where a stolen Skrull military uniform could usually be found. Also, Skrull hair was worn much shorter than his now was. He should be used to his human guise after so much time spent wearing it, but once in a while, it just annoyed him…the hair in particular.

With a flip of the wrist, a folded piece of paper hit the coffee table at the opposite end from where ‘Vok had planted his feet. “Oh, and that there will answer your other question, love. Seems Shadow Man’s sins weren’t as unforgivable as ours. He got off early for good behavior and split for the Big Apple.”

Messages In This Thread