Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batman/Superman
What do you guys think of the "Supergirl From Krypton" storyline? I was enjoying it immensely up until the latest issue I read, #12. In the issue previous to this one, Superman gathers his forces, consisting of Batman, Wonder Woman and Big Barda, and sets off on a mission to Apokolips to rescue Kara from the clutches of Darkseid.

So of coarse I was expecting a knock down drag out fight with Darkseid in the middle of it all. Instead I get...[spoiler]Three pages of Kara beeting the hell out of Superman (wtf?), 4 pages of Batman doing his best to intimidate Darkseid all the while getting the crap pounded out of him, Wonderwoman and Barda beating the Furies in two panels and a big shock ending to leave you wondering...huh?[/spoiler]

Lumped together like that it sounds kinda cool, but the execution just wasn't there for me. I was hoping for more. I don't know more of what exactly, but just more. Maybe some sort of evil bad guy monologue or some high level fisticuffs from Darkseid to up his badass stature? Maybe a longer more involved battle all around? I don't know what I was expecting. Just more than what I got apparently. Maybe the next chapter will deliver the things I felt lacked from this issue.

Messages In This Thread