Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justice League Unlimited
Crap. I'm in Superman Limbo. I'll try not to give to much of the most recent episode away but I will say this, while the beating Supes was dishing out was indeed powerful, as I watched it I couldn't help but think it wasn't powerful enough. Or rather....that he wasn't. Now don't get me wrong, I know that he's already the end all be all of DC heroes, and quite frankly I'm fine with that, but he just seems.....toned down a bit for the show.

One of, if not The most powerful image I've ever seen of Superman in his first encounter with Doomsday. If I recall correctly, Doomsday who would later go on to "kill" Superman, whallops him dead on in the chest with an uppercut to the sternum that would have shattered a mountain, and Superman didn't move an inch. That was a powerful image. To me at least. And when I saw him go on the offensive in this episode, that's sort of the level of power and resolve I was expecting to see. It didn't happen...but a part of me was hoping for it.

Now then...as for the episode itself (as a means to bring my little rant back on topic) I say two thumbs up. Thor may like the scene between Kal-El and Van-El, but to me the opening dialogue between Bats and WW is what stole the show.

(And I keep reading TMT as TMNT. Dunno why.....)

Messages In This Thread