Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Movies: Elektra
Dark Horizons has a set report from the Vancouver location of the Jennifer Garner-fueled spinoff. "Director Rob Bowman won't have her leaping from rooftops and isn't relying heavily on special effects, opting instead for crazy camera angles and a more character-driven story, with movies like 'The Cooler' and '21 Grams' as his reference points. 'We have our share of blowing things up, I've learned a few new weapons and I'm definitely, definitely fighting. It's not like I'm in a period piece, in a corset, or talking Shakespeare,' Garner promised. 'But it is very much driven by Elektra's darkness and what happens when she comes back to life, and what that second life means: whether it's redemption or whether it's a dark place from which you can't be redeemed. It's very dark and honest.' To that end Bowman is employing similar lighting techniques (and the same cinematographer) he used on 'X-Files' to lend the movie a look in line with its story. His goal, at least partially, is to reinvent the way comic-book movies are done. 'Because Elektra is a tortured soul, and in the middle of an emotional crisis, I thought this would be the right way to go,' he said."

Messages In This Thread