Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comic Book Films: Tentative Release Dates
The Hollywood Stock Exchange ran a list of upcoming release dates and it's generated some interest from readers for its predictions on the openings of X-MEN 3, BATMAN BEGINS and FANTASTIC FOUR. According to the site, the new BATMAN film is targeting an opening on June 17, 2005; X-MEN 3 is May 5, 2006 and FANTASTIC FOUR is on at July 1, 2005.

The thing to keep in mind is that all future release dates for movies are extremely tentative and can change overnight. For example, Fox's FANTASTIC FOUR is no further along than it was a year ago when it was slated for a July 4, 2004 opening. It was then bumped to a December 2004 release, and when still no forward movement had happened, now the film is slated for a summer 2005 slot.

-This update brought to you by the fine folks over at Cinescape.com
I think F4 is the least likely to actually make it to screen, it seems to be suffering the same curse of having no direction as the proposed Superman film.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
I'm very inclined to agree with you Bill. I don't see FF actually get made at all.
And the sad thing is, I have no valid reason to think this, other than the fact that the release dates have been pushed back so many times, and that the tentative release date is only a year away and there's no cast and no script.
But I'm rambling again...
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Well I'm going to keep the faith. Don't get me wrong, as I don't think that movie will be made any time soon....but so long as Marvel, DC, and everyone else continues to put forth quality product, FF will always be but one step away from becoming a reality.
You're faith may be repaid.. or may be about to be crushed underfoot....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who Is Directing Fantastic Four?
April 05, 2004
IGN FilmForce

Marvel Studios honcho Avi Arad recently advised About.com, "We have a director [for Fantastic Four but] I cannot tell you who he is until Tuesday. ... We needed for this movie a director that's a genius with relationships. It's a movie about relationships."

IGN FilmForce knows who that "genius" is. We've been able to confirm that Barbershop director Tim Story has landed the gig. Story's next release is the English-language remake of Taxi, starring Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon. He's also attached to direct the Chris Rock vehicle Sick Day for Imagine Entertainment and Universal Pictures. We were also advised that filming begins in August. Location scouting is underway. Look for casting to begin soon.

Story's hiring may be another indication that Fox and Marvel are intent on making Fantastic Four a comedy. Previous directors attached to the project were Raja Gosnell (Scooby Doo) and Peyton Reed (Down with Love). Actor-filmmaker Sean Astin has also pursued the directing gig.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
From Cinescape.com

Confirming the scoop first reported by FilmForce, BARBERSHOP helmer Tim Story has been cited as the new director of the FANTASTIC FOUR movie by the trade magazines. While speaking with Variety, Story said that the principal idea that attracted him to the project was that the superheroes are a family, squabbling with each other even as they have to save the world from evil.

Inadvertently the Variety piece also confirmed one of our earlier scoops from this past January, that being that the FANTASTIC FOUR production is looking at filming in Vancouver, Canada. Story was interviewed by Variety on location in Vancouver, scouting possible locations for his film.

And finally Latino Review broke word that Michael Chiklis (THE SHIELD) and Tim Robbins (MYSTIC RIVER) were being considered for the roles of Ben Grimm/The Thing and Victor von Doom/Doctor, respectively. The Chiklis casting scoop was also confirmed by Variety.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]