Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heroclix
I can think of plenty of naughty things I've done. Especially if there is plastic crack rewards for all the whicked things I've done.

Mostly though I am cursing Wizkids. I love Heroclix but they are putting new sets out entirely too close together. I haven't had the opportunity to get any of the Ultimates set, (although I have been watching eBay for good deals on large lots of figures) Mutant Mayhem is coming out in November, and I can see the DC set "Legacy" on the horizon in March. I realize that I have many new priorities in my life, and worrying about finding extra money to spend on Heroclix isn't one of them.

But Wizkids doesn't help the cause by bringing out new sets in three month intervals. They are evil I tell you. Yes, evil as they come.
Well, I can tell ya, I'm not buying them for him.

I've been watching the prices on ebay and personally, I'd rather spend that 30-40 bucks he'd spend on Heroclixs to buy him a new mini bust.
At least then EVERYONE gets to enjoy them and they aren't just sitting in a case somewhere waiting for Uncle Rob to visit Isabelle and play Heroclixs with Daddy.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Sigh. I've been indoctrinated. I've started playing HeroClix rather than just collecting the figures...

The wife is thrilled...

Oh no, another time and money consuming hobby...

Glenn Walker
Welcome to the horror that is this game. Would you like to join us for this MAD MAD tEa PaRtY?
What was it that got you hooked finally?
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
I was showing a friend, who when I do game occasionally - I do with him and his group, some of my HeroClix. He thought they were cool too, but wanted to know what the numbers on the dials meant. It basically avalanched from there. In a matter of an hour or two, we were playing. It's only gotten worse since. ;-)

Question for the pros out there. The rules systems for the Marvel, DC and Indy Clix are the same, right? We've only played with the DC ones thus far, but would like to (much to the delight of WizKids, I'm sure) spread out our addiction.

Glenn Walker
Yeah, the rule systems are all the same. However in the earlier sets, Marvel and DC had different powers.
DC had Impervious, Marvel had Invunerablity. I think they still do that crap. I don't play as often as I should for someone who's husband and brother in law are so addicted to their happy little plastic crack.

Rob- one word for you... ARES!

(he's giggling like a girl right now, I just know it!)
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
and I've got one word for you:

DORMAMMU!
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Question - is it my imagination, or are the Marvel booster sets easier to open than the DC ones?

Mmmmm... plastic crack...
The Legacy set was pretty easy to open... we helped Surfer open an entire CASE!

I absolutely HATE the packages that are incased in plastic so you can't squeeze them and tell anything.

Rob-ooohhh...do it again! :-)
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
They made all the sets compatible so that DC, Marvel and Indy could be played together, although like Enchantress said, the earlier sets did show some incongruity.

Such as the HyperSonic Speed power. It was not invented until the first DC set came out so that they could give it to the Flash. Which meant that Quicksilver, released in the first Marvel set, did not get the much deserved power. It is small things like that, and the general character designs themselves that made the inaugural DC and Marvel set seem out of whack with each other. But things have gotten better since.

Anymore, the three different brands can pretty well be played on an even keel with one another without too much trouble.
Should I even ask if those giant Warhammer HeroClix have any bearing on the others?
I'm confused by your question...Are you talking about the Sentinel/Sinestro/Galactus/Dark Phoenix Heroclix?
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
No, not really, these are characters and creatures from the Warhammer role-playing and war games. They are however the size of Sinestro, Galactus and the Sentinels. Saw them in stores over the Christmas holidays.

And time for yet another dumb question - why are the Alpha Flight heroes marked with the Avengers group insignia?

Glenn Walker
Warhammer is a different game. A lot of the D&D geeks like playing it.

As for Alpha Flight being marked as Avengers, they had to give them a team ability of some kind. Better Avengers than Minions of Doom.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Pictures of the packages for new expansion: Fantastic Forces!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/products.asp?cid=39796">http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/ma ... ?cid=39796</a><!-- m -->

Picture of a character they are FINALLY MAKING!!!!!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://previews.diamondcomics.com/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=23&s=134&ai=18356">http://previews.diamondcomics.com/defau ... 4&ai=18356</a><!-- m -->
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
There are sure some nice sculpts in the Fantatsic Forces set... like I need to spend more money on plastic crack...

Glenn
No more damned store tornaments for me. I got crushed by a seven year old girl with Terrax the Tamer.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.allthingsfun.net/New%20Guy%20Night%20jan%2006.htm">http://www.allthingsfun.net/New%20Guy%2 ... n%2006.htm</a><!-- m -->

Glenn
Ehehehe.... sorry, but that's just awesome!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Anyone have any thoughts on the upcoming HorrorClix and ToonClix? The HorrorClix which feature generic monsters with no liscensing seems a bit of a waste to me but ToonClix will offer a chance to use the Powerpuff Girls against, say, the Masters of Evil or the Crime Syndicate and that sounds really cool.

Glenn Walker
Are Horrorclix and ToonClix compatible with Heroclix? I have seen the HorrorClix in passing and the game seemed to be set up differently than Heroclix. I have no real vested interest in this, I am just curious.

Oh and speaking of Heroclix, I don't really play much at all anymore, but since SLVRSR4 is coming for a visit next weekend, I sure hope he brings some Clix so we can kill a few ours whacked out of our minds on plastic crack.
Toonclix has yet to be released as far as I know, and Horrorclix is "loosely" compatible with Heroclix. THey have made several figures that are cross-compatible such as the Marvel Zombie ultra rares and the soon to be released Hellboy: BPRD box set.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Hmmm, sounds interesting. The very thought of Marvel Zombie Heroclix makes me giddy and I don't even follow the game much anymore.

And similar to the imploring tone set forth in my last post, I will be visiting the family the first weekend of March, so if the Silver one could spare a few hours, and if he had some kick butt teams pre-assembled for us, we coud probably squeeze a game or two into our visit.
The big recent news in the world of HeroClix is that starting with the Avengers and Justice League of America sets coming out in the summer, the figures will include cards that describe how each character's powers work in gameplay. So no more running online to double-check how something works. Oh, yeah, and the price of boosters is also going up.

Glenn
I think the overall changes should benefit the game, though.

I'm willing to pay a little more for better quality and better figures.

Oh, and while we are on the topic of Heroclix, If anyone is interested in subscribing to "Critical Hit" just let me know. It's a free online magazine started by a few friends of mine and of course me. I write an article every month on how to make competitive theme teams. shoot me your email address and I can put you on the receiving list.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Speaking of changes with the HeroClix... any thoughts on the new material the figures are made out of? It's like a olfactory mix of rubber and airplane glue. I'm not sure I'm happy with the flexibility either. Sure if you step on them they won't break, but some of them won't even stay in their flight posts. Thoughts?

Glenn