Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heroclix
Yes Rob, have heart failure, I started a Heroclix thread finally.

Ok, Time for a fangirl wet dream...I kicked so much ass tonight it wasn't even funny!
:dcbat: cause Batman with Kryptonite gloves ROCKS!
But, you're going to love this.. my team
Veteren Green Arrow
Unique Shadowcat
Unique Batman w/Kryptonite Gloves
Rookie Wonder Woman
Veteren Gambit
Veteren paramedic
Veteren Beast
Experienced Absorbing Man.

And would you believe, Shadowcat took down Veteren THING???!?!! But only after Batman did some outwitting and Absorbing Man worked him over like a little girl.
Yeah, I was up again E. Thor, Unique Vision, V Scarlet Witch, V. Hercules, V. Quicksilver, V Black Panther, V. Hooker, V. AIM Medic, E SHIELD Sniper from Jeremiah, and Balee had V. Thing, V. Human Torch, Unique Arwen, V. She Hulk, R. SHIELD Agent, E. Paramedic, and V. Sabertooth.

And the last 3 characters I had on the board were Batman, Absorbing Man, and Shadowcat. And I took NAMES BUDDY!

First time I've played since October...but it was fun. I can't get into playing all the time, it gets boring.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Okay, forgive my ignorance first. Never played the game but I have a good understanding of the rules and collect some of the figures just because they're cool.

I do have a question. Why would anyone -ever- use the rookie characters? And if this is a given, why have them?

Glenn Walker
Actually, there are many reasons to play the rookie versions of all the Heroclix characters. I'll use the characters Enchantress and Poison Ivy played yesterday as my examples.

Chanty used Rookie Wonder Woman because, even though she is a rookie, she is still a pretty good powerhouse. (not to mention the fact that rookie WW is the only version we have.) After she had picked all her other characters, she had 80 points left to fit within her build total. She wanted a flying character, that could deal out decent damage, that came in under her point limit. And since she already had Beast and Gambit who could support her less than great attack value with their Perplex, she was a good choice, even if she was a rookie.

Ivy used the rookie SHIELD Agent for similar reasons. When her build was completed, she had ten points left to use. She could have picked a veteran Thug (which would have done her little good) for those points, or a rookie SHIELD Agent. Even though he is a rookie, he still has that all powerful SHIELD team ability. And if that is all you are looking for (a certain power or team ability) why wate the points on the veteran, when the rookie will do the job just as well. She put him to good use all game, upping Human Torch's damage value to deliver the pain that much more.

So there you go. Even though they may not be as powerful, or live as long, as their Veteran counterparts, the rookie characters can be just as useful, for alot less points.

The Mighty Thor
Okay, here's another one. I realize the dial information is correct, but am I the only one who feels the Ant-Man and Atom 'figures' are rip-offs?

Glenn Walker
They were convention exclusives that were done purely for fanboy fun.
I LOVE Ant-man. J made one for me simply because you can't TOUCH the original one without a heafty price tag attached.
The fact that the figure (Or lack there of) has a 20 defense makes him a monster! he may not have any attack capabilities, but he's probably going to be the last man standing on the board at the end of the game because usually no one can touch him.

My personal belief, and always has been, that the three most "cheated" Heroclix characters are Magneto, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Mags is a mere 103 points and his powers, while at first impressive, are not even on par with the homo superior he is. Quicksilver should have Hyper Sonic speed. And yes, I know, when he was made, HS was a DC only power. Wanda has NO incapacitate at all. Which is wrong! Probability control used to be a power I leaned on heavily, but since they've introduced Destiny at a cheaper point value than Wanda, I usually go with her if I am play a PC character. I feel it's a shame that Wanda has no attack powers.
Don't get me started on Cap...they robbed him too!
It's my hope that with the new Ultimates set, that they'll take the time to right some wrongs they've done.

And I refuse to pay some of the prices out there people are getting for these little pieces of plastic! Because let's face it, in 5 years, Heroclix will go the way of Overpower. The most I've ever paid for a figure was 30.00 (or something like that, pregnancy rattles the brain) for Nightcrawler. While cruising Ebay recently I saw one fetching 85.00 and about gave birth right then and there. Are people thinking??? At all???? At the comic shop, I blanched at the 22.00 price tag on Batman but J got it for me for my birthday. I was eyeing Martian Manhunter becuase he's my favorite JLA-er...until the clerk told me "65.00" I looked at him and said "for a piece of plastic?" Being the only woman in the shop at the time, I could feel the fansboys around me rolling their eyes. I looked at the figure, then back at the guy and said "Sorry, no sale. 65.00 buys a hell of alot of things...like a months worth of gas for my car."
Maybe I rationalize it too much. I don't know, but I can't see spending so much money on these figures. Sure, the game is fun and I enjoy playing, but in 10 years when they are sitting in my attic I'm going to have to explain to my kids WHY I spent the money on these little toy army men and what the novelity was behind it.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I believe that the Atom figure is not a rip off in any way, shape, or form. I use the little bugger every chance I get! for 50 points you get someone with Stealth, Phasing Outwit, and Perplex. He has the JLA team ability so you get a free move action, and the LARGE defense stat makes him mostly untouchable to all except the GODLIKE figures that have upwards of 12-15 attack power, and hey, you can always hope for a critical miss. God knows I've had a few of them!

Oh, and on the subject of Heroclix. I've got a fun and annoying strategy for some of ya'll out there. Use any Kingdom Come team ability character (If you have one) and a Veteran Taskmaster. Have him copy the KC team ability and then plop him in a bush. With his stealth you can't attack him from range, and you only have a 66% chance of being able to get base to base with him because of the Team Ability. I apologize to those out there that may not be fortunate enough to have a Kingdom Come character, but it's definitely an annoying tactic to use in the future.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Heroclix fans...I have a question. A beef of sorts. So Surfer... Thanos...gather round and help a fellow Clix geek out.

How is it possible that Kingdom Come Superman costs so little? Yeah, I know, 265 points isn't all that small, considering he is the highest cost normal figure in the game. But get this. I ran his stats through a dial generator tonight, and it tells me that he should cost somewhere around 340 points. Underpricing a figure for playability is one thing...but cutting the figure 75 points? Sounds broken to me.

Especially when you compare him to the one time great and all powerful Our Worlds at War Superman. Now this fine little piece is costed at 236 points. Sounds pretty fair. But then compare his dial to the Kingdom Come Superman, and tell me how there is only a 30 point difference between them. Its like comparing apples and oranges. One on one, OWAW Supes would just be a stain on the map after KC Supes got through with him. It wouldn't even be close like the 30 point cost difference would have us believe.

If any of you have a viable and beleievable explanation, I would love to hear it. Because I just don't get it.

TMT
Ok, with Xplosion....I pulled a Unique out of every 2 packs. Seriously, I had the golden touch with that set... and I haven't been able to replicate it..

Until yesterday..I picked out 3 packs of Unleashed... and got Unique KC Wonder Woman and Unique KC Batman

WORSHIP ME MORTALS!!!! mwhahaha....

oh, and did I mention both of those packs were full of Veteren characters????

The last pack wasn't that great, but it did have rookie Batgirl in it. So I was happy.

I need no more... I have all I need...
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Mighty Thor, I have a feeling that wizkids shaved a lot of points off of the Kingdom Come characters to make them playable. Think about it, if KC Supes was 340 points, No one would ever use him!

Also, LE Superman is only 30 points cheaper, because he starts out with HSS. KC you have to push/take damage to get to Hypersonic speed. Front loaded powers tend to cost more then powers late into the Dial. If the IC Hulk started out with great stats, and ended in Banner mode, he would be over 200 points. That is why the 2 Supermen have such close point costs. The HSS on the first click of the LE makes him more expensive, and the 3rd click HSS of KC makes him cheaper to play. Hope that helps!
Yeah, I the front loaded powers might have something to do with it. Also, I'm sure all that Leadership has to cost OWAW Superman a ton. I've been told that is an unusually expensive power.

Thanks for the reply. Now if only my brother would show his face around here...

Thor
I'VE BEEN ON HERE! Look back a few posts. HERE I AM AMERICA! WAKA WAKA!

Chanty, you suck! Nova has been trying relentlessly to get a KC Wonder Woman and has had NO LUCK WHATSOEVER! If only our cases would get here! I NEED TO OPEN SOMETHING NOW!

Double posting is a big no no! Use the EDIT BUTTON! Thanks!
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
You guys might like to read of the exploits of a fellow HeroClix obsessive here
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Yeah, that is about how bad I am about the whole Heroclix thing. I literally JUST recieved my phone call from my comic shop inforiming me that my case has arrived. OF COURSE THEY CALL 20 MINUTES BEFORE I'VE GOT TO GO TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I've got to get through an entire day of work and a Doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon just to get my fix of plastic crack, or as I've dubbed it, HEROin. CONSARNIT!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Thanks for that article Local. I found it amusing and heartwarming all at the same time. Its nice to see a family gathering around and enjoying something together.

And Surfer...all I can say, is that I hope you and Nova remember to shoot some of those duplicate Clix our way. We don't have tons of disposable income right now, so we can't afford to buy a bunch of this set. But, if someone was to come up with an extra figure or two, I could compensate him or her. Because I needs me a Kilowog HeroClix in a bad way!
Unfortunately, we opened our cases tonight, and NEITHER of us got a Unique KC Wonder Woman. Nova told me she wasn't going to play until she got her. AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! I know, I know, you wouldn't just spell out AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH, but other than that we got pretty good cases. I now have a complete base set and am only missing Unique Wonder Woman, Unique Metallo, and Unique Ultra Humanite. Nova is only missing Unique Wonder Woman, Unique Batman, and Unique General. We both got Kilowog, but unfortunately they have permanent residences in OUR collections. SORRY THOR, although I DO have a healthy dose of nons that we can sort out and distribute next time I visit!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Fair enough, sir. Sorry to hear that neither of you pulled the Wonderful Woman of Kingdom Come. She is just THAT cool, and has a permanent residence in MY collection.

In the immortal words of Socrates..."Neener Neener Neener"

Thor
And for the record, I do not SUCK just because i pulled Bats and Wonder Woman. How often do I get to actually BUY a pack????!??!?!?!?!? I didn't even buy any of the last set!!

You know, 30 years from now, when I don't have a mortgage, and the baby is an adult living out on its own and not here with us anymore....maybe then....

yeah.....maybe then......because hell, I'll be ready for retirement then, and I can just sit around on the front porch in my rocking chair talking Heroclix with J....
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
The only reason you sucked is because they were characters that I didn't have and that are VERY rare. You fully deserve everything you get when you buy packs, and I'm happy for you. I still need the Wonder Woman but I've got my kick butt Batman! On a seperate note, Marvel just posted on the heroclix site that the four new team abilities that are coming out in the ULTIMATES set are: Ultimate X-Men, the Ultimates, the Morlocks, and the Serpent Society. HC Realms has also posted the stats of Punisher's REV versions. I'M USING HIM IN EVERY TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Yeah, that Punisher looks awesome. There was a picture on there too, at one time, it was a picture of an LE. just look up Punisher in the thread search, and you should be able to find it. I think it looks awesome. But, I wanna know why they gave him smoke cloud!!!
“Smoke cloud” was probably used to represent his penchant for gas grenades. But that is just my guess. Honestly, if you think about Punisher and the wide array of weapons that he uses, he could have conceivably had just about any power. "Poison" to represent those same gas grenades. "BCF" to represent a last resort knife being pulled. Or how about some 'Energy Explosion" to represent a big ol' rocket launcher attack? I do like that they gave him Toughness to represent his body armor though.

But all I know for sure is that Stealth, an 11 AV, Willpower and RCE with a 2 Damage is going to make for some big time hurt for anyone who faces the skulled one. Any bets if they make a LE Frank Castle with the Spider-Man Ally TA?

As for the new team abilities…I haven't made up my mind yet. The 2 Ultimate ones seem unnecessary though, considering they could have easily used the existing X-Men and Avengers TA's. But I guess they are ok. It just seems odd to create these two new ones for what are basically alternate reality versions of existing characters, but they couldn't create a Thunderbolts TA for Meteorite last set. Instead they just lumped her in with the Avengers. Which, if you think about it, is absurd.

But the Serpent Society TA is a fun one. They could make for some cool characters to play, especially with permanent "Phasing". And the Morlocks, although sure to be few in numbers, is a neat idea as well. I hope they remember the awesome Gene Nation characters when making new members of this team. Characters such as Hemingway, Vessel, Ever and Sack. Ohhh!!! And I just thought of something very awesome...Dark Beast could easily have the Morlocks TA. Ok, now I definitely like this new TA best of all.
Wow, Thor, I've done a good job of corrupting you into the Heroclix Darkside! You're talking like someone who is beyond the point of no return.
ONE OF US!! ONE OF US!!!!! ONE OF US!!!!!!!!!!!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Watch out for Surfer!!!

It's his fault that I started playin and collecting Hero-Crack in the first place. Now I can honestly say that I've given away all of my hero's to someone who can get more use out of them than I can at the moment, but I still enjoy the game. Personally I wish that Marvel hadn't killed OverPower. I'm sure that there was a significant reason....like there was only like three of us in the world still playing, but that was what I got started on and I wouldn't mind playing that some more....

da' Bat :dcbat:
I only need one fig to complete my unleashed set now. It's KC Batman. I broke down a nd bought Wonder woman on Ebay for $20. Dang that surfer for turning me into a herocrack junkie. I gotta thank Dark Knight for increasing my now 2 case collection. It scares me on occasion what I spend on this game. Keep on Clixin people...it's fun.
Man, you people make it sound like I'm some kind of shady street peddler or something! Just because I's gots what y'all needs doesn't mean I'm a bad man! I gots mouths to feed dog! My baby's Momma is tired of Mcdonald's. I promised I'd take her somewhere nice like a Olive Garden or a Pizzeria Uno or something. DANG!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Enjoy spending what you can on them now while you can.
Once you have a ton of responsibilities laid on you...then you don't have the extra money to shell out on them.

And yes Surfer, you are a crack peddler, we all know it.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]