Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your movie lists and why...
Here's the idea....List your movie picks (as follows) and the reasons behind them.

Just follow my lead.

Worst Movie You've ever been forced to endure and why you feel it was that bad?
Vanilla Sky I don't have a reason behind why I hated this movie with the passion of 5 firey suns, I just did. I feel it is the worst piece of cinema EVER put out and that if you compared it to.. Scary Movie, I'd say Scary Movie was Oscar Worthy next to this Tom Cruise dungpile.

Movie you've been disappointed in because it wasn't what all the hype made it out to be?
Star Wars Episode1-3 Yes, I'm including the one in there that hasn't even been released or written by George Lucas's dog yet. I'm a Star Wars Purist...I almost enjoying The Phantom Menace, but I absolutely felt sorry for poor Ewan McGregor in Epi 2 for having to endure such HORRIBLE acting around him. I've seen livelier wakes! I hated the fact that you could tell EVERYTHING was CGI. That the backgrounds were all painted and you could tell that too. There was zero dimension to any of these films, cinematically or visually.

Movie that surprised you, it made you like it.
Starship Troopers I got so sick of hearing everyone around me talk about how great this movie was that I didn't watch it for 4 years after it came out. Finally someone gave it to me as a gift. I let it lay in a drawer for another year before I finally watched it. It was an ok popcorn flick. I just hate it when people ruin a movie by hyping it so much.

Favorite Old Black and White Movie
(Ok, I've got about 3 of these!)
Harvey There's somethin' about a 7 foot invisible white rabbit and Jimmy Stewart that just makes for a nice afternoon.

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir Rex Harrison and Gene Tierney. Just a nice little romantic ghost story that I grew up watching with my mom. I think that's part of it's appeal to me. It reminds me of being a kid.

Captian Blood-Charge of the Light Brigade-The Sea Hawk-Against All Flags-The Adventures of Robin Hood ERROL FLYNN! Need I say more? Seriously, I grew up watching old b/w movies on A&E all night on Friday nights with my mom. It was only natural that a young girl would fall head over heels with Errol Flynn (and he had a thing for the young ones, oh yes he did).

Movie that no matter how many times you watch, you just don't get it?
The Matrix Total Recall Sorry again, I don't get the hype behind the Matrix and I found the first movie confusing to try to watch. *Of course, that could be because I had someone who was a Matrix nut trying to explain every single moment of the movie as it was playing.*
Total Recall, I'm still debating on if he was dreaming or not...and that's been HOW LONG???

Actress you think just needs to get over herself?
Halle Berry Yes, you've won an Oscar, you also hit a guy with your car and ran off...doesn't mean Storm should get more crappy Toad lines.

Actor you were surprised by, you thought he'd be worthless.
Colin Ferrell I thought "Ok, he's cool as Bullseye, but let's see him in something else." and sure enough, I didn't give the little Irish bugger enough credit. He's great.

Favorite Period Piece Movie
Oh Brother Where Art Thou? This is another one I just love. We've got a Toad in our garden named "Pete" now...thanks to this movie.

The last movie that made you cry.
A.I. Everyone panned this movie...but I'm sorry... maybe it's my mothering instinct, but I cried my eyes out at the end of this movie!

The movie you love that no one else does?
Super Troopers How many times can you meow?

Your turn!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Worst Movie You've ever been forced to endure and why you feel it was that bad?
Intolerable Cruelty, The Name fits the movie pretty well actually. Basically they took two really good actors and hoped that there acting abilities alone would make and otherwise stupid plot amusing and good. Sadly it didn’t and I have to admit at almost two hours and half I wasted valuable time on this horrible movie.

Movie you've been disappointed in because it wasn't what all the hype made it out to be?
Lost in Translation, Okay I have to admit that Bill Murray and Scarlet Johansson were amazing in this movie, and over all it was still a good movie…but for me it didn’t hold up to all the hype I’d been hearing about it.

Movie that surprised you, it made you like it.
Gangs Of New York, Being a big period flick lover I was hesitant to see this movie because it seemed so outlandish and colorful for that time in history. Honestly it was WAY off in some of the historical aspects but over all I LOVED the movie. It restored my faith in Leonardo Dicaprio’s acting skills (Yes in my opinion he is talented.) and just over all I loved it. So after avoiding seeing it for a good two years I finally rented it and then a week later bought it.

Favorite Old Black and White Movie
Some Like It Hot, I don’t know what it is about this movie but I love it. Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon are just SO amusing in this movie.

Movie that no matter how many times you watch, you just don't get it?
The Matrix Revolutions, Honestly the movie itself was really amazing (art wise) and the acting wasn’t too shabby either…but I just didn’t get it. Honestly the first Matrix will always be the best out of the three.

Actress you think just needs to get over herself?
Halle Berry, Miss I won and Oscar for going without make- up in a movie…OMG I could do that as well. Doesn’t mean I’m an amazing actress. Honestly they need to kick her butt out of the role of Storm and give it to deserving actress.

Actor you were surprised by, you thought he'd be worthless.
Vincent Kartheiser, Okay so he’s still not a well-known actor. But I really thought that he’d end up being some horrid pretty boy actor like Freddie Prinze Jr. (Who is okay in those silly comedy movies.) But Vincent Kartheiser really surprised me when he made another appearance on ‘Angel’ this season and really showed that he’s able to play a character as something more then just a brooding adolescent.
Favorite Period Piece Movie
Little Women, I loved this book to pieces and love the movie just as much because it stayed so close to the book.

The last movie that made you cry.
Hidalgo, yes I cried at this movie at the end when Hidalgo was returned to his mustang herd. Being a horse person I just found that final scene so movie because they portrayed a bond between the horse and it’s rider so well that it was really moving to me.

The movie you love that no one else does?
Newsies, Okay so there is a large group of people who love this movie, but mostly it’s only pre-teen girls who just enjoy all the teenage guys in the movie. But whenever I’m looking for a light hearted movie I pop this in the DVD player.
[albumsig]24[/albumsig]