Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons to be cheerful
I was just humming away to myself there and got to thinking about songs that make me smile. I thought it might be an idea to start a thread on that very subject to find out which songs bring a ray of sunshine into everyone elses life.

The song i was humming was Green Day's Good Riddance (Time of your Life). While the title might not seem like this is the most jolly of songs, if you listen to the lyrics it is actually a very uplifting song, and whenever I hear it I can't help but sing along be it in a bar, at work, or on the underground (which explains some of the funny looks i get Wink )

Another song which cheers me up is Love Can Build A Bridge by The Judds. It has to be this version though and not any revamped one. It is just such a song of hope and belief that it can almost make me cry with joy when i hear it no matter how bad i feel.

Well that's the two which immediately sprung to mind for me, what about the rest of you?
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Ok, songs that make me smile...

Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison. I've loved this song forever and it's just one of those songs that make me smile.

Your Song by Elton John-Well, ever since Moulin Rouge and Ewan's great rendition of this, I've loved this song, and it made it even more endearing when that just before I would fall asleep at night last summer, Jeremiah would sing it very softly to me as I was falling asleep.

Another song that always makes me smile-Sweet Home Alabama by Lynard Skynard. Because when we were on our honeymoon, driving through Alabama to get to the French Quarter, We must have played this song a million times and sang it about as many times.

Most of the songs that mean things to me, mean something because of the memories attached.

And the one that always reminds me of the incredible love I have in my life..
Bryan Adams, Everything I do, I do it for you. It was the first song we ever danced to, the first song we danced to at our wedding, and no matter where we are, if it comes on the radio, he always asks me to dance.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
When I'm down, a song that always gives me encouragement is "Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush.

Not a cheery song but an uplifting one.

Glenn