Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Thor and Chanty's Baby!
Now that's just mean!

I'd sooner name the baby Thanos!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
But it has such a nice ring to it! Big Grin

Naw, I was just kidding about the Lucifer thing.
Just did the math, we have 25 weeks until our due date...so everyone has that long to make their bets.

However, we will find out at the end of July what it is. Hopefully....I've got my fingers crossed here.... but just hopefully, it's a ...

baby.

Lol
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Well,I don't have any children yet(thank god) but I have had their names picked since I was thirteen years old,a little strange for a thirteen year old boy but that's me. This can be kind of a mini contest. I will give you the names of my future children and you tell me my last name....

If it's a boy:Johnathon

If it's a girl:Wilhemina

And as a really easy hint....think blood. :twisted:

But I have always liked Steven Roger ______. (insert any last name)
or
Dane Garret ________. (insert any last name)

The first is a basic name that still has strong comic ties.
The second a little more obscure but how cool of a name is Dane.
Thor has already ruled out using Peter Parker because our last name starts with a "P"

And no Robin names....because it's just wrong...

oh, and your names...classic... Dracula.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
If it's a boy: Norrin Radd or Victor

Girl: Mary Jane

Sound like good names to me.
Man, Surfer would KILL me for stealing the name of his first child out from under him.

However, Victor has been an option! LOL.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Enchantress Wrote:Man, Surfer would KILL me for stealing the name of his first child out from under him.

However, Victor has been an option! LOL.

Sorry, didn't know about Surfer. Name him Airwalker :wink:

How 'bout Hal Jordan, or Kyle Rayner?
I don't think we'll be going with any obviously Comic inspired names for our baby. Nothing as obvious as Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne or even the above mentioned Kyle Rayner. Although Kyle Jordan doesn't sound too bad, does it?

Obviously we are considering names with comic book origins. We wouldn't be true geeks if we didn't at least leave those options open. But I'm afraid we won't be going as far as some people have. I mean honestly, who names their kid Harley Quinn?.....ooops, sorry Kevin.
I'm sure there have probably been a lot of Logan's born to comic fans recently (the past couple of years)

How about something like Max as a middle name.. as in Maximof would work for a boy or a girl.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Actually Kyle Jordan sounds pretty good...
Then you keep that one in mind for you and Jen!!!

I can't steal all the good names!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Yours if you want it. We're already settled on the matter. Sean Britain. The middle name is a family name and has an r, an i and a t in it. Those are the intials of Jenn's grandparents and my mom who have passed away. We thought it was a cool tribute.

Glenn
Hey, That's my Nephew/Niece you're calling Lucifer Buddy!

If it's a boy you could always name him Jason Robert. Then he would be both Jay and Bob and only a few people would be in on the truth of it all. And, Hey, you can't go wrong with a middle name like that!
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
I dunno.. he could get called Bert.. and I always thought he and Ernie were a bit suspect on Sesame Street
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Ahh Bill...you're hillarious, I may just have to start calling Surfer Bert now...since Robert is his name.

mwahahahaa!!!

Oh and guys...Grandma Chanty has been peeking around in this thread laughing her ass off.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Yeah, I know my wonderful mother-in-law gets a kick out of her son-in-law and all his geek friends. But ya know what?...I wouldn't have any other kind of friends. You guys and gals are the absolute best!
My great-niece (I know I know that makes me sound SO old) is named Morgan Leigh. I always thought it was a great combination.

What is your guys criteria for names? you just going for a first and middle name? or are is there a possibility of two middle names?
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
We are using a first and middle name... and honestly, it has to be something that strikes us as "hey, we like that and it's not too odd."
And...we aren't using any family names. There's a reason... THEY'VE ALL BEEN USED!
I'm the last child on my side to have any kids, so using a family name (from either of our families) will be using something someone has used 4 or 5 times now (my mom's side of the family has like 25 kids my age..so imagine the possibilities...)

Anyway, nothing is set in stone yet...we've got a few names picked out, and we have to make sure it won't be anything the baby will get picked on for, for the rest of it's life.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Just an update for everyone! You've got 1 week to get your guess in for the gender of the baby! We go to the dr next Wednesday and from there, Ultrasound on Friday and we'll find out!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
it will be small smelly and loud.. but i don't think that narrows it down to boy or girl Wink

oh and as for family names.. one of the guys I work with has two cousins.. and they are both called Ian... and they are both brothers...

apparently the parents named the first one after a close friend of theirs called Ian, and when the second one came along they had another friend .. also called Ian.. well you get the picture... musta been confusing as hell in that house!
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
No doubt!

Oh, and for those of you guessing correctly, you'll be getting a SWEET Comics Uncovered sticker in the mail. (for your car, for a mirror in your room, for a window in your house...you name it)
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
It'll be a girl. Just a hunch.
I hope so! otherwise, he's wanting to name it after his two favorite Cubs players.

"Sammy Alou"

Pray for a girl people!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Ok, just an update... Ultrasound is Friday. We'll know for certian then!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]