Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Movies: Y - The Last Man
Posted 04/06/2004
Source CBR

Screenwriter Jeff Vintar told Sci Fi Wire that he is adaptating Brian K. Vaughan's comic book "Y: The Last Man" for the big screen. His biggest issue now is crafting a finite movie ending for an ongoing comic series. "Brian probably only has a vague idea of how it's going to end, because he's got three more years writing it," Vintar said. "The world may not be saved. The men are not going to come back. [Like] in a zombie film, you know the zombies are not going to go away, and yet at the end of the film, you want to feel like you've reached a dramatic high. It's not always easy. Not every film does it." David Goyer is attached to produce the film, but allegedly is staying out of the creative way. "Coming from the writing side, I think that he has been where [I'm] sitting before, and he has gone out of his way to not get in the way," Vintar said. "He's there. He's offered many times, [saying] 'I'm here whenever you need me.' But he's very accommodating, very much hands off, which is nice. I appreciate that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have really enjoyed the book. It will definitely be interesting to see how they handle a film version. I figure they could go for a planet of the apes (classic) type ending where it's open enough for a sequel (and to allow Mr Vaughan to write the books without his toes being stepped on) but providing closure to the story covered in the movie.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]