Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel Movies
Along with the little tidbit about Elektra (see the other thread) MTV News also had some other news on films in preproduction. Mark Steven Johnson, who wrote and directed 'Daredevil,' is in pre-production on Marvel's 'Ghost Rider,' which he'll head to Australia in November to shoot with Nicolas Cage in the lead. Johnson has an executive producer credit on 'Elektra.' ... On a related note, Marvel's long-awaited 'Fantastic Four' has begun pre-production work just a short drive from the 'Elektra' set in Vancouver. Tim Story ('Barbershop') will direct."
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
It may be considered blasphemous here, but I fear that Comic Books are threatening to become over exposed in Hollywood. I love most of the comic movies that have been released in the past couple of years, but Hollywood is in danger of learning the truth of the old adage that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

I want comic book films to go down in history as a legitamate genre, as opposed to a slick fad that Hollywood ran into the ground. Maybe my fears are unfounded. I certainly hope so.
I agree. I'm glad that Marvel is finally listening to fans and giving them the movies they want to see....but making them all back to back to back to back might be the wrong way to go about things. And furthermore...with tiltes like Cage and Ghost Rider announced, I'm growing wary that they'll eventually try to make a movie for every title under their banner.

Don't get me wrong, I do want to see a Cage movie (even wrote a trailer for one), but the fact that it/he isn't one of their mainstay titles/characters and they're still giving him a movie leads me to believe that every minor title out there is going to get a movie and make people sick of the Marvel product. I mean....isn't Iron Man supposed to be on the table? Good character...not sure I ever want to see him in a movie.