Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which X-Villian needs a ravamping?
We've all seen the "who's your favorite, Who's the most powerful." yadda yadda yadda until we're Nightcrawler blue.
My question poses, which X-Villian do you think needs a complete redo?

After recent events, I've have to say Magneto. Why you ask? Well, first off, he's dead. That explains that one. Secondly, I don't think many fans were happy seeing the Master of Magentism a drug addict.
As far as my favorite incarnations of Magento...I have to go with the X-men Evolution one personally.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Read Excalibur #1. All's I'm going to say.

In need of a revamp? The Marauders, make them what they were during the Mutant Massacre again. A group of folks not to be fu-- trifled with.
I would have to say the Shadow King. You could make him almost like a Freddy Krewger (SP?) of the astral plane. He could be the most frightening thing this side of Clay Aiken if you did it right.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
As far as X-villains go,I got one word

Unus!
Juggernaut - I'm sorry...but I want to see him as a villain again. And as a proper villain at that. No more getting stopped by people he should be able to swat to Pluto.

Dark Beast - Where the frack is that guy? Was he offed while I wasn't looking? He was incredibly creepy looking when he first came out, and with McCoy's secondary mutation, Dark Beast may be the only big footed blue boy out there right now.

The Sentinal - C'mon. Those guys are classic. I say you scale them down to the size of normal people (reducing thier offensive power obviously) but amp up their defensive capabilites a little and let them work in small groups, hunting down mutants en masse. Or make a singular prototype that's self aware and practically unkillable. Like Brainiac...but without the nerdy name.
TheBeyonder Wrote:As far as X-villains go,I got one word

Unus!
He wasn't nessecarily revamped, but uhm... the latest Excalibur #1.

We'll probably never see Dark Beast again though, you know with the whole policy against alternate reality travelers and stuff.
Harley Wrote:He wasn't nessecarily revamped, but uhm... the latest Excalibur #1.

Really?

Dang,I saw it at the comic shop this week and really didn't pay it much attention. I have heard some good things so I guess I'll pick it up at this week tourney.
Oh yeah! I'm right there with you on Dark Beast! I don't think he needs to be revamped, just resurrected! It was a great story and everyone knows my love for the big blue lug anyway, I loved his darker wannabe just as much.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
TheBeyonder Wrote:
Harley Wrote:He wasn't nessecarily revamped, but uhm... the latest Excalibur #1.

Really?

Dang,I saw it at the comic shop this week and really didn't pay it much attention. I have heard some good things so I guess I'll pick it up at this week tourney.
He is in it, but does nothing of importance, and is basically a Mags follower.
I'm sure ive posted this before but i reckon even more now that by reintroducing Dark Beast they could return Hank from his current Chewbacca Cat (heh at least it isn't Disney Beast) to a more recognised and loved bouncyblue apelike form.

If I was writing it I would do another Dark Beast takes over Hank's place story line, although this time by transferring his consciousness into the cat body (because they now look different) I think he might figure he could get away with it due to Professor Xavier's absence from the institute. Anyways, eventually the X-Men drive him off (before he can reverse the transfer of bodies) and so Hank retains his original non disney(or lucas)esque form. I think this kind of plot and personality switch also ties better into the whole last arc of New X-Men under Morrison, meaning that the Beast we say there was actually Dark Beast (which accounts for the whole mutant experimentation shtick).

maybe i'm being simplistic but i think it could work...
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Ok, I would love to see alot of characters revamped/reintroduced. But I have always dug the Hellfire Club, so my vote goes out to those guys. The last time I remember seeing them was when Scott made a pitstop at the Club before Wolverine whisked him off on some weird tripped out adventure with Fantomex.

I think they could do some great things with this lot of characters. Maybe they could reintroduce the new Hellions while they are at it, as the Hellfire Club's up and coming proteges. I'm all for more of the classic bad guys coming back to kick some tail.
The Hellfire Club could definitely use a revamping, I would love to see the Club back in comics Big Grin
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]