Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Four-Reviews and Movie Info
As reported by "Moriarty" at Ain't It Cool News .Com.......

Are They Getting Closer To Casting Dr. Doom For FANTASTIC FOUR?!

That’s what this scooper says:
Hey Harry,

Due to friends working at Fox i'm able to visit the studio on occasion... and a few days ago I happened to spy Jason "Lucious Malfoy" Isaacs sitting on a golf cart outside Ralph Winter's office waiting for a meeting. Ralph's Exec. Producer on Fantastic Four, of course, and i'm told there's a sign on his door as we speak saying they're casting for the project.

I dunno, Jason Issacs as Doctor Doom? I can't think of any other major player he'd be up for that fits.

-Giles

For all of you who are already writing off FANTASTIC FOUR, I’d urge you to wait. I know that Marvel takes this particular film very seriously, and it sounds like they’re working overtime to fine-tune their take on it before it goes into production. The script reviews out there right now are for drafts that have already come and gone, and there are major elements that continue to change. The first real indication we’ll have of what to expect will come from the casting, and if Isaacs is the guy they tap to play Dr. Doom, then personally I’d feel like they were at least on the right track. I’m sure we’ll hear more in the weeks ahead as the production heats up...
-----------------------------------------------

Well that's something isn't it? I think this sounds like good casting to me. The man was absolutely despicable as Lucius Malfow in the Harry Potter films, and that ability to channel pure evil should suit him fine in the role of Victor von Doom. I just hope that is indeed the role he was interviewing for, and that the rest of the players are equally well cast.

TMT
Anyone who saw Hellboy would most likely agree that the makeup for the film was stupendous. It was probably some of the best creature makeup I have ever seen. Hellboya nd Abe Sapien were incredibly realistic and never once looked out of place in the real world around them.

So, I take it as very good news that the same makeup team has signed on to do the makeup effects for Aunt Petunia's blue eyed nephew, Benjamin J. Grimm. I think this has to be another feather in the cap for this project. Getting the Thing to look monstrous, yet believable and realistic is a must for this movie to be successful. I want nothing more than a perfect Fantastic Four film, and this could very well be one more step in the right direction.

Now if they can just cast it perfectly, I'll be a happy geek.
I found this gem over at Aint It Cool News.com....."The fine folks over at SuperheroHype.com have scored a picture of a maquette that was displayed in conjuction with an appearance by the team from Spectral Motion, the company that brought Abe Sapien to such memorable life earlier this year. The maquette appears to show what their preliminary designs for The Thing look like."

Personally, I think this is a pretty close representation of how Thing looked way back in his earlier appearances. The Thing's look has evolved over the years, mainly due to the influences of all the different artists that have drawn him. But I think this one holds pretty true to Jack Kirby's original design. Take a look...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Fantastic_Four/The_Movie/Movie_Stills&image=thing.jpg&img=&tt=">http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageF ... g&img=&tt=</a><!-- m -->

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I guess this was a bit of knee jerk reporting by Aint It Cool News and myself. This piece was not created by Spectral Motion. Here is the explanation...

Mike Elizalde here from Spectral Motion writing to let you know that the Thing maquette at the Makeup Artist show in Pasadena is not our design. The piece in question was submitted by Steve Johnson’s EdgeFx, the company we beat out in a design competition for the Fantastic Four Movie. The piece you are showing on AICN is a design that EdgeFX created a long time before we were bidding on this project. They simply had it on display as part of the Makeup Artist trade show museum. I hope you will clear this up for your readers.

Cordially,
Mike Elizalde
While talking to USA Today about some tiny independent film about a kid named Peter Parker, Marvel's Avi Arad said that Michael Chiklis is virtually a lock for next week's cast announcement as the Thing. Stan Lee chimed in, saying, "Chiklis is tough and rugged, yet he has a likable quality - and that's The Thing." As for the role of Susan Storm, Rachel McAdams ("Mean Girls," "The Notebook") is a favorite. "She'd be great," Arad said, "We like her a lot."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone who has seen the Shield will know Chiklis. He does seem to be a fan favourite for the role, mainly for the reasons Avi names above. His voice matched to the image TMT posted would certainly scream THING to me Wink
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
As reported by <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.comicscontinuum.com">www.comicscontinuum.com</a><!-- w -->

Three of the four members of the Fantastic Four have been cast for 20th Century Fox's live-action movie.

According to Variety, Michael Chiklis ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/owlive/img/mar03/chiklisbig030403.jpg">http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/o ... 030403.jpg</a><!-- m --> ) has been cast as Ben Grimm/ the Thing, Iaon Gruffudd ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.andymccartney.com/images/Men/Iaon_Gruffudd_1.jpg">http://www.andymccartney.com/images/Men ... fudd_1.jpg</a><!-- m --> ) as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic and Chris Evans ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cinemamontreal.com/images/people-564-chrisevans.jpg">http://www.cinemamontreal.com/images/pe ... sevans.jpg</a><!-- m --> ) as Johnny Storm/the Human Torch.

Jessica Alba ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.jessicaalba.ca/ImageStorev/Public_Events/latingrammy/Jessica-Alba.jpg">http://www.jessicaalba.ca/ImageStorev/P ... a-Alba.jpg</a><!-- m --> ), who is starring in Sin City, is the top candidate to play Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman, according to Variety. Rachel McAdams ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/105/1/1-20848-sm.jpg">http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/105 ... 848-sm.jpg</a><!-- m --> ) and Keri Russell ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/tv_pix/wb/felicity_cast_photos/keri_russell/felicity.jpg">http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.co ... licity.jpg</a><!-- m --> ) are also candidates.

Gruffudd currently can be seen as Lancelot in King Arthur. He also starred in the short-lived CBS series Century Series and is providing the voice of Mister Miracle in Justice League Unlimited.

Chiklis is best known from the FX series The Shield. Evans will be seen in Cellular.

Production is expected to start under the direction of Tim Story in August in Vancouver for a July 1, 2005 release.

-------------------------------------

Now personally, I think the three they have cast so far are pretty darned good. Chiklis is definately older than the rest of the cast, but since he will most likely be covered in rock most of the movie, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

As for the role of Sue Storm, they are obviously going the pretty young actress route. Which is ok, but I seriously think that Jessica Alba and Rachel McAdams are just too young. Keri Russell, while not my first choice, I think could be good. She is young and attractive, but has a definate maturity that I think is crucial to the role. I hope my thoughts are shared by someone on the casting couch, and that Dr. Doom gets cast as well as the rest of the movie seems to be.
I've been off work ill the past couple of days and today had the (mis)fortune to catch Richard & Judy (daytime husband and wife chat show thing). This in itself isn't news but they did have Iaon Gruffudd as a guest talking about King Arthur and at the end of the interview when asked what he was doing next, he confirmed that he will be playing Reed Richards.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
As reported by <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cinescape.com">www.cinescape.com</a><!-- w --> today:

Jessica Alba has won the role of The Invisible Woman in the FANTASTIC FOUR movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Alba beat out other potential candidates Rachel McAdams (MEAN GIRLS) and Elizabeth Banks (SPIDER-MAN 2) for the part.

The DARK ANGEL actress is the final member of the superhero quartet which includes Ioan Gruffudd as Mr. Fantastic, Chris Evans as the Human Torch, and Michael Chiklis as The Thing. Alba appeared most recently in HONEY and has a part in Robert Rodriguez's SIN CITY.

While no true details have leaked from Simon Kinsberg's script, it's believed that the movie's villain remains Doctor Doom. If that is still the case the character of Doom would be the final major member of the production left to be cast.

-----------------------------------------------

Now, while Jessica Alba wouldn't have been my first choice, I did like Dark Angel and think that she is a competant actress. I hope she looks good with blonde hair (god, I hope they give her blonde hair). I refuse to judge a film simply on casting anymore, because I have been pleasantly surprised in the past. I will just wait and see, and pass judgement after I have seen the final product.

TMT
I've seen a lot of negative reaction to the Jessica Alba casting on various message boards. Personally I am going to take a wait and see approach (perhaps costuming will make us believe a bit more). She definitely has the ability to play in an action/comedy/sci fi role as shown in Dark Angel (where of course she was hand picked for the role by James "The Titanic Terminator" Cameron, no slouch when it comes to spotting a previously undiscovered talent.) She has also already opened a movie (Honey) which I believe while not a classic movie by any stretch of the imagination, did go down reasonably well with it's target audience of young to late teens. The only doubt I have about the movie isn't the acting talent, but the directing talent. Story hasn't had much movie experience, but then come to think of it neither had Singer when he began X-Men.

I think with the right script, and a dedicated creative team this could turn into a fun comic adaptation.. of course it could also end up in the bootleg bin beside Corman's 80s effort.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Now let's all hold our breath and hope they cast Doom right!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Seems they may be looking at Ray Liotta...

*shudders*

plays a great sleaze or gangster.. just don't see him as Victor Von Doom (or Van Damme - depending if that rumour is true or not)
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Posted 16/07/2004
Source CBR

Mister Fantastic himself, Ioan Gruffudd, spoke to Empire Online about his perceptions of the upcoming Marvel adaptation. "There's quite a bit of comedy in this," Gruffudd said, "and there's that romance between Reed and Sue Storm. And there are four of us, so we're all relying on each other. I have no idea where the script is going to go, but there's certainly plenty of action and us getting a chance to use our superpowers. It's going to be interesting because there are so many fans out there of the original and what they do and I hope they try to remain true to the comic." When asked about costumes, he replied possibly sarcastically, "Yes, it's going to be a traditional, Spandex, blue Lycra suit with black leather boots. So I'm looking forward to that." Gruffudd admitted to letting the Grecian Formula go: "I think the idea will be that once they're exposed to the radiation up in space that turns them into the Fantastic Four, as a result of that I'll start to have the greying hair. But I think it'll be subtler than it is in the comic books. More dignified, like George Clooney!"
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
From San Diego Comic-Con
Posted 26/07/04

[Image: pairth.jpg]Michael Chiklis walked on stage, a Thing action figure in his left hand. He approached the microphone, paused for effect and then let it fly:

"It's clobberin' time!"

The crowd roared, probably the biggest approval yet for the much-scrutinized live-action adaptation of Marvel Comics' Fantastic Four, coming from Fox next July 1.

Chiklis, who plays Ben Grimm/The Thing, was joined by Ioan Gruffudd (Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic) and Jessica Alba (Sue Storm/Invisible Girl), along with director Tim Story and producers Ralph Winter and Avi Arad for Fox's presentation for the film at Comic-Con International.

And while the film's production doesn't start for a month, the panelists were candid and forthright in dealing with -- and perhaps alleviating -- some of the hot-button concerns about the film that have landed on the Internet in the past few months.

Following is an edited transcription of the panel. Following the panel, The Continuum was part of a question-and-answer session with the film's stars, and that will be published here on Tuesday.

Below is an edited transciption of the question-and answer session.

Question: What was your first experience with Comic-Con like?
Gruffudd: I was completely blown away. I had no idea, no concept of the vastness on not just the building, but the whole idea of this Comic-Con. I'm a little bit overwhelmed and a little bit nervous up here.
Chiklis: Well, when I saw the Storm Trooper go by me when I got out of the car and looked at the half-mile long convention center, packed with 100,000 people ... I really thought I was a fan of comic books, but I am not worthy. You guys are unbelievable. This is incredible, it really is.

Question: Tim, what was going through your head?
Story: I was just glad I didn't bring enough cash or else I'd have bought all this stuff.

Question: Jessica, you been to cons before. Does it ever tire for you?
Alba: I've actually never been to the Comic-Con before. I got to meet the fans during the signing for Sin City and I have to say, this is why I do what I do -- for you guys. I hope I do a good job.

Question: Ralph, where are we with the film right now?
Winter: We start shooting in four weeks. We've designed the uniforms and a Ben Grimm outfit that's pretty awesome. We're starting with some set pieces that are huge and I think we're going to showcase the powers of the Fantastic Four in a very fun way.

Question: Ralph, you've done so many of these big pictures. Does it ever get to the point where you can't take it any more or is each one a new challenge?
Winter: This one's a very fun challenge. We have four great characters. We've got four great actors. We're going to have a lot of fun with it. It's just trying to make it bigger and better. Spidey 2 has set the bar very high. We have a lot of resources and we're going to after it and make it as exciting as possible.

Question: Can you tell us about the process of going with natural effects vs. CG?
Story: I don't know if I would have done the movie if I couldn't make Ben Grimm real. I didn't want to do it CGI. I went with Michael and since Ben has to have conversations and talk, and we all know that Ben is kind of a regular guy -- just a little something happened to him -- and he just has conversations. And I wanted Michael to be able to talk to some of the other cast members and have some fun with it. That way I don't have to create moment that Michael creates.

So we are doing a lot of things physical so that you see the power of Ben Grimm. He's going to have all the strength that you know from the comics. We're doing some pretty amazing stuff.

I can't wait for you guys to take a look at Doctor Doom. That's coming together. We are going to make sure the villain of all villains is properly represented in this movie.

Question: Michael, you're going to be covered up pretty much through most of this movie and that obviously is a challenge for you to have the emotion come through. Talk about that.
Chiklis: Well, that was my biggest question when I first saw Tim. I was praying he was going to tell me that he didn't want to it CGI and also that I wasn't going to be completely lost in the suit. I can't wait until you guys see. It's amazing what they're doing. They've done these life casts, so that you will know that it's Ben under there and you'll be able to see every nuance and all the little interactions and subtleties between us as characters, and those things will come through. Yes, it will be a big challenge for me physically. I'm going to be in the makeup chair an awful lot with this gig. Doing some of that physical stuff will all that stuff on ... I'm reading to my daughters at night with my fake teeth in, so that I can pronounce words with these huge teeth in. So, yeah, it's going to be very physically taxing for me, but I'm up for it.

Question: Ioan, your character is going to be going through some physical transformations that on film it seems like it's going to be very hard to capture. Did you have concerns about how it was going to be done.
Gruffudd: Well, when Tim sent me a rack to my house, I was a little bit afraid I was going to have to do it for real. (laughs) No, I'm sure with technology today, I'm sure it's going to look amazing. And what we're trying to aim for is to make it look believable. Because you guys are so savvy now about the movie industry and how things are made and how things look, it's important to us you guys believe it.

Question: Jessica, talk about spending part of the movie not being seen. Did that bring up concerns for you at all?
Alba: Concerns? No. I mean, the story is so good. And I just feel honored to be part of something that's not like any other comic movie. It's not dark and cyncial. It's about family, love, companionship and hope. And that's really why I wanted to do this movie.

Question: Avi, there's something unique about X-Men and Spider-Man that speaks to the fans. What do you think it is about Fantastic Four that speaks to the fans?
Arad: Fantastic Four is before X-Men, before Spider-Man. It's our biggest hero-in-your-face celebrity, daytime metaphor for all us. From the Invisible Woman to the Thing, don't judge a book by its cover; Johnny with wish fulfillment, he wants to be a rock star; and they all have to learn responsibility.

And of course, Reed Richards is very smart and has to learn leadership, how to keep the team together. What we've always loved about this team is you get to know them right away. There's no double-identity. There's nowhere to hide. This creates emotions and what we also loved about X-Men and X-Men 2, and more recently, Spider-Man 2. You're going to see the inside of our heroes as people and as heroes.

Sue Storm is bright. She's the glue of the team and holds them together. I think we're going to make you laugh and cry and care.

Obviously, from a CGI standpoint, it's going to be very much like X-Men. Every frame is going to be magic. Every frame is going to be something you're going to want to see, and hopefully it will have an emotional core to it.

Since 1961, we've never stopped publishing Fantastic Four. Recently, Ultimate Fantastic Four was the best-selling book for Marvel. It bodes so well for the characters.

It took a long time to put this team together, this movie together. We really wanted to make sure. I was asked today by at least six rude people, "Please don't screw this one up."

Tim Story was such an inspired choice for us. Anyone of you who saw Barbershop, what Tim was able to do with human relationships with 10 people in one room with very little money. Imagine what he's going to do again with very little money -- I'm kidding! -- with these are incredible characters.

As you can tell, we don't have footage here -- for one reason: we haven't started production. Watch in the next few weeks, we're going to start to unveil and reveal and hopefully you're going to love it.

We want to please you because when we please you it pleases us. And, as important, it pleases the studio that makes such a big investment. And Fox, after X-Men and X-Men 2, no doubt they make events happen and they make super-heroes look incredible.

(Opening questions to the floor)

Question: Who's Doctor Doom?
Story: Hopefully, we will have an announcement about Doctor Doom in about a week.

Question: Ioan, I read you did a lot of physical preparation for your role as Lancelot. And I was wondering what you were doing to prepare for Fantastic Four?
Gruffudd: Gosh, I think I will be relying on the skills of my director and the post-production team. I think, for me, the biggest challenge of an actor is to use my imagination to bring this character to life. This character, to be honest with you, I haven't been familiar with. I hadn't been aware of the comic books, so I'm coming at this with a complete new and fresh angle and I just hope I don't let you guys down.

Question: Is this movie going to be based more on Stan Lee/Jack Kirby stuff or the Ultimate line?
Story: We're taking a little bit from Kirby in terms of art direction. You have to pay homeage to that. I'm a fan of the Ultimate series in terms of tone. Pretty much I'm picking from everything. I continue to read the Stan Lee and Kirby stuff, so I can get the little nuances, so pay attention to what's going on. You're going to see a little bit of everything, with what we've done with the cast, what we've done with the art direction. We've brought it to the present, but you'll see hints of a lot of stuff. There's ideas of the Fantiscar being in there.

Question: Who are you using for the effects?
Winter: We'll be engaging Giant Killer Robots, who are building most of the stuff for us, and we'll be engaging some other smaller house. But Giant Killer Robots will be the main vendor. They're escapees from ILM.

Question: How much did you research the comics?
Story: Well, I kind of grew up on the comics. I'm learning as I started to go back and reacquaint myself with them, there's so much more that I don't know. So I'm getting an education. I'm reading stuff every day that I go, "Wow, I didn't know that."

So I continue to do my research. There's just so much information that I can't possibly grab. The problem is I can't fit it all into one film. As you guys know, the plan with the movie is to be successful and be invited back to do the next one. I'll just let you know that as the universe continues to unfold, we have a lot of villains that we want to get to.

I continue to keep reading every day. It's incredible how many of the lines of the comics are going on at once. And I'm reading everything.

Question: How much are you going to be drawing on the Kirby legacy?
Story: You will see Kirby throughout this entire movie. The Baxter Building is an incredible set we're building. It's going to be cool. We're trying to have a nuance of everything he's done.

You'll see a lot -- especially you guys. You guys will recognize a lot. The average movie goer might not pick on it, but you guys definitely will.

Question: Will the name for Doctor Doom be Van Damme?
Story: The name of the character in this movie is Victor Von Doom.

Question: For Mr. Arad, in a number of interviews you've said the movie is like a sitcom or a lightweight funny action film. Are you going to touch upon the relationship between Ben and Reed, this sort of tragedy in that he's turned his best friend into a monster.
Arad: Our movie's based on Stan Lee's Fantastic Four. It has tragedy, it has comedy, probably the words you read were "action/comedy." As we know, comedy comes out of sorrow. This movie is full of heart; it's all about heart.

This movie was never meant to be, and I don't know the interpreration, a sitcom. This movie has a lot tears, in addition to fun. And at its core, it's the Fantastic Four.

Chiklis: That's my job, too. I don't think this is lightweight at all in regard to that. So, rest assured, those aspects of the story, I feel the weight of Ben. And I'm sure I'm going to bring that to the dance.

Question: Are you going to be changing Doctor Doom's costume?
Story: There are ideas. We are looking into that right now. We are going to make sure we respect the look of Doctor Doom. At the same time, you guys know when you bring these comics to the screen, you have to make it look believable. I'll tell you one thing: the mask of Doctor Doom is going to be pretty awesome. It's going to reflect what you know Doctor Doom to look like.
I am getting more and more excited about this film. At first I thought the casting was a bit shakey, but after reading the things that came out of San Diego, I am starting to believe. Everyone seems to be on the right page as far as the approach to the Fantastic Four. It should be a mix of action, adventure, drama, intrigue and comedy. It is a delicate balance, with plenty of room for all those things. I just hope that Tim Story and his talented cast can keep up the juggling act long enough to bring this much anticipated film to the big screen. And I hope it kicks ass!
According to The Hollywood Reporter, NIP/TUCK star Julian McMahon is in negotiations to play Doctor Doom.

As far as I know, he is a relative newcomer to film, but I certainly think he looks the part. We'll just have to wait and see if he gets cast.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cinescape.com/multimedia/Master_Site/People/Master_SitePeople288022.jpg">http://www.cinescape.com/multimedia/Mas ... 288022.jpg</a><!-- m -->
He did do a fairly good job of a troubled demon in charmed (especially considering what he had to work with) he was possibly one of the few entertaining aspects of that show.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Ioan Gruffudd spoke to Sci Fi Wire about being flexible for his new role. "I think the beginning of the story is us as real people, our friendship," Gruffudd said. "They are real people. You can associate with them. They're just in this incredible situation. We're sort of down-to-earth people, and I think that's the main attraction of these characters." To prepare for the Vancouver shoot, starting this month, Gruffudd has kept his head in the comic books, familiarizing himself with Reed Richards' vast technical vocabulary. "[There's] a lot of that," he said. "Which I will make quite interesting for you all."
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Gads I can't wait to see a trailer for this eventually so I can put all my fears to rest!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
[Image: ff-menounous.jpg]Although several other rumours and hints have been flying about apparently (according to the Hollywood Reporter), "Entertainment Tonight" correspondent Maria Menounos has joined the cast of the Tim Story-helmed Marvel adaptation. Menounos will play a nurse who is romanced by Chris Evans' Johnny Storm.
As far as the casting goes, I'm really hoping that the casting director hasn't made some bad choices. I am psyched to hear that Julian McMahon is in talks to play Dr. Doom, I love him as Dr. Christian Troy on Nip/Tuck...so at least if he gets cast I'll know that they have at least a little talent in the film Smile

Not that I'm worried or anything....
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]
I'm doing my best NOT to worry about the FF Movie..really... but something just kinda scares me about this and I'm not really sure what it is.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
First Official Image Released: Jessica Alba in costume

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0409/20/alba.htm">http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0409/20/alba.htm</a><!-- m -->
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
I clicked on the link and was almost afraid to scroll down, for fear of what I might see. But I couldn't help myself, so I extended my finger out, reaching for the scroller ball on the mouse, cringing as I did so.

The screen inched down, slowly revealing to my delight, a fantastic image that obviously exceeded my expectations. I think she looks pretty good, and the costume is nice to boot. Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come.
Kind of had the same feeling as you did TMT, but was pleasantly suprised. It kind of looks like they are going for a sexpot look, though, and that's just not how I see Invisible Woman to be.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
actually I believe in the sixties sue's look was IT as far as sexiness goes, remember she had that sort of thing going for her which was real hip st the time.

given that the film is a back to the start concept, making jessica/sue look sexy actually is consistent with the concept of the characters at the time (before the whole 'sue as mother' idea kicked in) plus i'm sure it won't hurt sales at all...

edit: oh and I thought the pic of alba/sue was hot.. you all best hold onto something:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://antiherocomics.com/images/MrFantastic.jpg">http://antiherocomics.com/images/MrFantastic.jpg</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://antiherocomics.com/images/TheInvisibleWoman.jpg">http://antiherocomics.com/images/TheInvisibleWoman.jpg</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://antiherocomics.com/images/TheHumanTorch.jpg">http://antiherocomics.com/images/TheHumanTorch.jpg</a><!-- m -->

and the best..

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://antiherocomics.com/images/TheThing.jpg">http://antiherocomics.com/images/TheThing.jpg</a><!-- m -->

It should also be noted that the whole cast is signed up for 2 sequels (presumably at costs conducive to studio interest) Shown in full costume are Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic), Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm (The Thing), Jessica Alba as Sue Storm (Invisible Woman) and Chris Evans as Johnny Storm (Human Torch).

Chiklis clearly has the roughest go in the wardrobe department. But he told The Continuum that he did not want the role if The Thing was going to be a CG character.

"I felt that I would be wasted," he said. "I was assured from the get-go that that wasn't going to be the case, and I was thrilled. They would use some CGI enhancements in creating nuances.

"For an actor, it's a thrill to be involved in this type of thing. I've not done really anything of this scale. Everything I've done has been about the acting work, about character development, about people interacting. This is still very much like that, but with a huge scale of technical support around it."

Chiklis, 41, said he's been "training like a freak," for the role.

"I needed to trim down at the waist and bulk up at the chest. I'm hitting it big time."
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
SuperheroHype has an excellent on set imgage of Michael Chiklis in costume..

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.superherohype.com/news/fantasticfournews.php?id=2149">http://www.superherohype.com/news/fanta ... hp?id=2149</a><!-- m -->
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]