Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is your comic book day?
Everyone has a random day of the week that they go and pick up comics, or they get shipped to them or whatever. So, what is your random day for comics and do you have ritual that surrounds it?

Ours...well, our comics are shipped to us because we live in the armpit of America. So...they come straight to me at work. I drop everything, open them up and see what we've gotten...then make sure I read at least 3 or 4 issues during my hour long lunch. That way, I"m a wee bit ahead of Thor when I get home and can say "ooh ohh! You gotta read!! It was soo cool!"

Lol
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
If I can make it out of work at a decent time, Thursday is my day to go (if not I usually manage to make a trip Fridays) and have a good long trawl around Forbidden Planet in Glasgow.

I usually get in and head straight for the new book shelf (where they display their most recent deliveries be it comics or trades) I have a quick scan through the books there and see what catches my eye. I then usually take a wander around the rest of the store, especially the trade section at the back. Even now I still occasionally come across a book I hadn't seen before. This happened with Crimson by Humberto Ramos where I managed to pick up all 4 trades (not 3 J.. got it wrong! I have the whole 24 issues!!) and with Jim Lee's Divine Right mini series.

After making my book choices I usually then go have a look at the figures section and see if anything screams BUY ME! Last time I was in the Batman HUSH action figure set screamed at me and I succumbed buying Batman, Joker, Hush and Huntress (I gave Ivy a miss - not a fave character and the sculpt was not as impressive as the others.)

So that's what I plan to do tonight Smile
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Every three weeks on Wednesday, unless there's something I have to get right away or I'm in the area. Even here in metropolitan New Jersey, it's a trip to the comic book shop... well, a good one at least.

Glenn