Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fahrenheit 9/11
First off, I want to make this very clear. If you plan on discussing anything by Michael Moore, prepare to fan the flames of controversy.

My personal opinion of Moore is that he's a liberal hack looking to make every other liberal out there look like the gutter trash he comes off as. His speech at the Oscars 2003 completely turned me off from even wanting to see Bowling for Columbine. Now he comes forward with Fahrenheit 9/11. Touchy subject, perfect material for Moore.

All this film is, is Moore's chance to take potshots at the President. Same thing he did at the Oscars. The guy has a big mouth, a very big mouth. They'll give anyone a camera won't they?

Now, not that I agree with anything the President has done or will do throughout his remaining time as President. But...he IS the President. That affords him a certian amount of respect even if you don't agree with his views and ideas and the things he has done. Moore's stance on Bush is a slap in the face to every person who's been overseas in the military dealing with the daily bombings in Iraq and scouring Afgahanstan. But he claims to care for the troops? Hello? You talk smack about someone's boss and expect the people who are putting their lives on the line daily for his belief to accept you?

Let's see what Moore could do as President? If he thinks he's such a better person than GW, then let's see him run the country into the ground as well.

And just a disclaimer...-I'm a democrat. I didn't vote for Bush, I'm not endorsing Bush or anything like that. I am however, a staunch supporter of my country and my beliefs. When someone who lives here, takes advantage of the great things this country has to offer, then makes a film like this? It makes me want to just ship the guy off somewhere... far away...like in a rocket...
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]