Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Writer/Artist do you want to slap?
A chance for you to air your opinions on certian writers and artists.

Writer-You all know who I'm going to say. It's pretty obvious I'm never going to forgive Grant Morrison and will spend the remainder of my days railing against the hack.

Same goes for Igor Kordey...

So, who do you have a beef with and why?
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I would actually have to say that my biggest beef as far as a writer goes, would be with Kevin Smith. PLEASE GIVE US BLACK CAT #4 AND THE REST OF DAREDEVIL: TARGET!

I love his writing, but he NEEDS to work on his deadlines. This is a serious business, and if he's going to put his movies first, he needs to make sure all other loose ends are tied up first. It's just good business.

As far as an artist goes...My beef would have to be with whomever it is that drew the first storyarc to Captain America and the Falcon. I didn't pick this book up BECAUSE of the artwork, and I'm usually the first person to let the story be the reason I buy something, and the Artwork become the secondary reason for purchase. That person needs to learn what a realistic jaw line is.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Whoever the ponce is that's drawing Weapon X right now.... Gimme a sec while I go track down his name....

Tom Mandrake...that's the guy. I mean....what in the bloody 'ell!? Weapon X used tobe a beautiful book with the kind of writing that kept me coming back for more, and while the current story arc seems up to snuff....it's just so hard to look at. Art is a big part of story telling in comics, and this guy's work just doesn't suite Weapon X in my opinion.
Chuck Austen.

Frank Miller.

Keith Giffen.

Each for various reasons, but all three have one thing in common - ruining my favorite books, franchises or characters.

Glenn
Chris Claremont...honestly.

I feel betrayed. X-treme was such a beautiful book...then the whole Vale Soleada thing came and bored me to tears.
I cannot agree more. Chris Claremont has been a little more than disappointing in recent years. I agree that X-treme X-Men started strongly (with the exception of killing Psylocke), but since then Claremont has not written anything that keeps me clamoring for more. His most recent work, X-Men: The End has been mediocre at best, and I have not even attempted to get into his current Excalibur.

What a shame...
Excalibur started out pretty good, it had a good group of characters, but it fizzled out quickly. Very dissapointed in it now, and I won't miss it when it gets scrapped for the new Excalibur series...still on the fence as to whether or not to read that one or not. I love Nocturne, but is it enough?

But for now, I'm more than happy to jump on the "Slap around Chris Claremont" Bandwagon. I met him at Wizard World this last year and I've got to say...less than impressed.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]