Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Eternal Debate Rages....
Mary Jane, Gwen "She's Dead Jim!" Stacy, or Felicia Hardy? Who would you really want to see our downtrodden hero wind up with permenantly.

I'd have to say MJ. As much as I love Felicia, she's too high maintenance for Peter. Felicia is the one night stand girl... Mary Jane is the kind of girl you take home to mom...or Aunt May. Which he did.

So, who's your pick? Or is it someone completely different than those I've listed?
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Just a little factoid for ya'. Technically during the TROUBLE mini-series, they revealed that Aunt May IS Peter's mom biologically. Didn't know if anyone knew that beside me, but thought I would share.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Yeah, I knew that, I had read it somewhere.

But still, you didn't answer the question.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I loved Spiderman Blue which is sort of like a rememberance of Petey's falling in love with Gwen, but it's also a reiteration that he knows he made the right choice with MJ. Let's face it, Tiger hit the jackpot with that one Wink
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Yeah, I would have to go with MJ also. If Gwen Stacey were still alive, I don't think she would be as accepting of Peter's double life, and Black Cat doesnt' want anything to do with Peter Parker. She's in love with Spider-Man. MJ all the way.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
May is NOT Peter's mom. Trouble was an AU mini series that may actually have had no relation to Spidey at all.

As for who I think it should be or should have been...

I'm gonna have to go with MJ. Give me a second and I'll give you a link to a site where a guy goes REALLY in depth on why it HAD to be MJ. Good stuff. Give me a moment.

Ah, here it is.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.spideykicksbutt.com/spideyarticles.html">http://www.spideykicksbutt.com/spideyarticles.html</a><!-- m -->

Scroll down and you'll see articles titled 'Why did it have to be you Mary Jane?' There are five parts to his explanation. Tis a good read when you have time.
Just curious how many of you folks picking Mary Jane were actually around for Gwen Stacy?

My choice would still be MJ, but having read the original stories, it was a tough call.

Glenn Walker
I only started HEAVILLY collecting comics since around 1988-99. Wasn't around for Gwen, but Have read enough trades, back issues, etc. to make an educated decision. Spider-Bob, I didn't mean to offend you by saying Aunt May is actually Mommy dearest, I just never read anything that said it existed outside continuity. Where did it say that, becuase If you can tell me, then I'll stop believing otherwise.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
SLVRSR4 Wrote:I only started HEAVILLY collecting comics since around 1988-99. Wasn't around for Gwen, but Have read enough trades, back issues, etc. to make an educated decision. Spider-Bob, I didn't mean to offend you by saying Aunt May is actually Mommy dearest, I just never read anything that said it existed outside continuity. Where did it say that, becuase If you can tell me, then I'll stop believing otherwise.

I kinda agree with Surfer.

I was always under the impression that "Trouble" was in fact within extended continuity in the Marvel Universe. I too may be mistaken,but I seem to remember them selling it as the real history of Spiderman or something like that.

I have been wrong before. :oopsy:
Ok first off guys, this thread has gone entirely too far off TOPIC. The topic in question was Peter Parker's love life. Let's keep it to that!
DOUBLE POSTING will not be tolerated either. There is an edit button for a reason.

Now, if you want to continue discussing items that are not directly related to this topic, feel free, but make sure you start them in the right forum and that you keep them on the topic at hand.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Well Glenn, I missed the whole Gwen thing the first time around, but I caught up through Essentials and just general reading. Like I said, I thought the way it was all handled by Loeb/Sale in Spiderman Blue was very touching, and I agree that it was for a time very touch and go as to which one Peter would choose.

There have of course been a few other flirtations in Peter's life but none of them (not even Felicia/Black Cat) had as lasting an effect on his life (both in and out of the costume) than Gwen (although some would no doubt argue that MJ holds equal billing in this situation). His inability to save her when she was killed haunted him for many a year, making him even more determined as Spiderman to keep his private life seperate from his costumed persona for the sake of the people he loved.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Enchantress Wrote:Ok first off guys, this thread has gone entirely too far off TOPIC. The topic in question was Peter Parker's love life. Let's keep it to that!
DOUBLE POSTING will not be tolerated either. There is an edit button for a reason.

Now, if you want to continue discussing items that are not directly related to this topic, feel free, but make sure you start them in the right forum and that you keep them on the topic at hand.

SORRY! Cry

I am not used to being able to edit posts (HCRealms syndrome) but I will make an effort for now on. Smile

Back on topic.....

I always kinda looked at Gwen as a cheap plot device rather than a real character. Just a way to further the turmoil of our young heroes life. I was around for and read the Gwen stuff,but In my humble opinion there will always only be one woman for Petey and thats MJ. Call me old fasioned but I like the idea of a childhood crush coming to fruition.

TheBeyonder
-Chanty's whipping boy Big Grin
Confusedpmov:
You aren't my whipping boy yet! But you're making your way up!

As for Gwen, I'm not sure, to be honest, the only stuff I've ever read with Gwen Stacy was after her death.

I'm a Black Cat fan, so I'd love to see it work out with Peter and Felicia, however, as I stated before, she's entirely too high maintenance for Petey boy.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]