Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women in Horror Comic Recommendations?
Just got another gig reviewing comics, but for a very genre specific website. Women in horror. So I'm looking for recommendations. Anyone know of any comics I should pick up that fit that one?

Thanks ahead of time,

Glenn
The current Venom comic by Marvel has more of a horror movie feel to it than anything else. Especially the first story arc. It might be a good one to check out.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
with Marvel recently releasing Essential Tomb of Dracula Vol 2 (and I believe Vol 3 on the way) it might be an idea to look at the woman in that, especially Rachel Van Helsing, whose character was way ahead of Witchblade/Tomb Raider as far as kicking butt Wink
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Avatar's releasing a couple of really cool horror comics in the near future...and they're going Classic with Lady Death as well. Soo ooohhh ahhhh...
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Walking Dead by Image.

The story centers around a group of no more than 15 people(about half are female) in a world ripped apart by a plague of zombies. Really well written and drawn,plus it shows a pretty realistic view of how people (male and female) would react to a disaster like this.

TheBeyonder
-Still pluggin walking dead Smile
or there is Cassie Starkweather of Crossgen's Route 666 , a great little book which showed the underbelly of america was over run with all sorts of werewolves, vampires and demons..
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Thanks for the recommendations, folks.

Between your suggestions, other frinds, my comic shop, and a bunch I just got sent - I'll be reading and reviewing for awhile.

Has anyone heard of Aphrodite IX? It's the most tasty of the stuff I've gotten. It has art by David Finch from Avengers.

Glenn Walker