Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assignment-Japan
With the team gathered back on the island and Chandi still glowing about having flown the most high tech piece of equipment she ever had, the Guardians went about getting ready for their first real assignment.
The man sleeping on the sofa was still there and try as they might, he simply would not awaken.
With De and Kei manning the computer bays, 'Vok and AJ ransacking the weapons locker and finding all sorts of delightful laser guns, rocket launchers, and something that looked rather like a Star Trek phaser rifle, Chandi and Cameron were left getting the Jet prepared for the assignment.
As the mission parameters finally appeared on screen, Kei smiled broadly and whirled the chair around several times.
"Woohoo! Hiroshima here we come!"

In the air, on their way and loaded down with enough weapons to supply the Iraqis, the team began the 3 hour flight to Hiroshima. De and Kei again manned the onboard computer bays, Chandi in the pilot's chair and AJ as her co-pilot, it left Cameron and 'Vok strapped in for dear life and praying to the saints to perserve them from the two women at the helm.
Intel began spilling in over the computers on Hiroshima, site of a nuclear bomb drop and still dealing with radioactivity all these years later, it was one message that caught De's eye and made him voice a concern to the group.
Addressing 'Vok, he questioned rather breezily..."Mate, that rocket launcher...you think it can take out a bird as big as Godzilla?" before 'Vok could even answer, De continued..."cause if not, then I think we need a bigger gun."
The picture on the monitor behind him was a live satalite shot of the outskirts of Hiroshima...and as audio crackled and popped to life, a tell-tale sound crossed the airwaves. One that had been heard by most of the team, in countlessly badly made Japanese monster movies.
"Or maybe a really big cat. That could work...eh?"

De said as he pulled off the dew rag and straighted out his hair somewhat, trying to think of other ways of taking down something that size without needing to lug around some firearm bigger than he was.

"Saaaaaay. I never really go a good bead on what you could do luv.." he said addressing Kei. "...not that I wasn't paying attention of course. Just happened to be paying attention to some of your other assets."
Looking past De at the monitor, 'Vok dropped his head into his hands and sighed. He was never a fan of the craptacular monster movies that Japanese film makers churned out, and now it turned out that he was in one. 'Vok along with his faithful band of heroes, jumping in to save millions of running, screaming Japanese businessmen? But then again, it wasn’t like he had anything better to do. Other than hang around the island and watch some creepy guy sleep one off on the team’s sofa that is.

Flying at unheard of speed’s, ‘Vok sat back in comfort, getting used to the way the team’s jet flew. To be more precise, he was getting used to the way Chandi flew it. The girl definitely enjoyed the wind in her hair, so to speak. Taking a moment to get into character, the pirate Skrull allowed his street clothes to morph around his being into an outfit that appeared, on the surface at least, to be better suited to battling giant irradiated lizards. As he watched his clothes react to his mental commands, ‘Vok began to think about De’s question. His powers were fairly obvious. He hadn’t exactly been shy about using them around his teammates. Even if they didn’t know the full truth behind said powers. But as blatant as ‘Vok had been with his abilities, the others hadn’t been quite so conspicuous. Backing up De’s curiosity, ‘Vok questioned his teammates, “For that matter, what can any of you do? Me don’t wants to be going into battle with the Earthly host of some wrath filled cosmic entity unaware. So spill it already. What’s this lovely team capable of?”
"Well I know Pet over there can scream really, really loud when she gets excited......" De said jerking his head towards Chandi a heartbeat before hearing what he'd said and how he'd said it. "....the Pink haired bird is some sort of fairy who shrinks and shots little energy thinga-mer-jiggers, and the Scotsman can fly and blow stuff ups really good. At least...as far as I can gather mate."

With that De leaned back somewhat in his seat and began to look about the innards of the vehicle, trying to fathom where it was he might procure a side arm of some sort.

"Oh and me? I get really hard really fast..."
"He was talkin about your powers De! Not your Johnson! Geeze, you men!" AJ shook her head and winked at Chandi before turning in the seat to look at John.
"oh, that ain't all Ah can do. De just hasn't seen tha rest of it in action." Laying her hand palm up, AJ smiled wickedly at John before blowing a very fine layer of golden dust in his direction.
"Give it a minute, it won't kill ya or anythang. Honestly, it'll make ya feel like ya died and gone ta heaven!" with a smile at Cameron, she giggled and watched the glamour dust take effect on the pirate.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Cameron's head bobbed a little as he dozed in his seat. Much as he liked to travel he usually preferred doing it under his own steam, be it on his bike or using his own abilities. Time's like these when he had nothing to do, his body just tended to shut down. "After all.." he had concluded to himself a long time ago. "..if ah've nae got anything tae dae, ah may as well enjoy daein nothing."

As the speaker crackled to life, Cam cracked open one eye, peering around at the screen. "Oh, ye didnae say we could get the Sci Fi channel on that thing Chandi." he said as he stretched in his chair, trying to stifle a yawn with one hand. His shoulder popped annoyingly as he stretched. "Bloody dragons." he muttered angrily under his breath. "Why the hell does it always have tae be dragons." With a slighly dejected sigh he settled himself back into his chair to wait for the jet to land, listening to the conversation around him.

"Ah think a few o' us have some tricks ye havenae seen De." he said as the talk turned to powers, grinning back at AJ as she blew her dust towards John. "But yer right, ah still dae things wi a bang."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pulling the keys from the ignition, Cam stepped of his bike and stretched, taking in his surroundings. "Arse end o' naewhere!" he thought as he shrugged and began to head up the steps to the Gastown Bar. "You don't learn do you, eh?" The deep voice was followed by a crash, and Cam staggered backwards down the steps, trying to get out of the way of the large grizzled looking biker who suddenly flew in his direction. Turning sideways at the last moment Cam watched as the man sailed past him onto the rough dirt lot which bordered the roadside. He landed in an ungainly and no doubt exceptionally painful fashion. "Christ on a bike! Ah could be back in the East End." thought Cam, a low chuckle forming in his throat. From behind him the voice came again. "I'm not telling you again Freight-Train. You're eighty sixed! Drop dead. Don't bother to write, and never darken these doors again! Dumb moose head eh!" The biker was pulling himself shakily to his feet, spitting dirt and teeth from his bloodied mouth. "Thawed off little runt!" he spat back towards the darkened doorway through the newly created gap where his front teeth should be, but made no move to re-enter the bar. "What you thtaring at?!?!" This last was directed at Cam. "Nae much. Ah was just thinking ah could get tae like this place. Great Scenery and friendly natives. Jist like back hame." he said. Cam hitched his thumb over his shoulder indicating the run down building the biker had so swiftly exited. "Ye have a run in wi' the management?" The biker looked at him, rubbing his chin. "Thomething like that. Damn bounther hath a big opinion of himthelf. Thomeone'th gonna cut him down to thize one of thethe dayth." After eyeing Cam for another couple of seconds the biker turned and trudged off round the corner still muttering angrily and spitting.

Turning back towards the bar, Cam started up the steps once more. To say the place had seen better days was probably putting it mildly. Faded paint struggled to cling onto the wooden walls and it looked as though a light shower would put paid to the rusted tin roof. "Nae exactly the Ritz is it." he mumbled to himself and entered the darkened doorway. It took his eyes a few seconds to adjust after the late afternoon sunshine, but he gradually found himself able to make out his surroundings. Inside the bar seemed to be in a slightly better state of repair than the exterior would have indicated, but even a cursory glance told Cam that it was a pretty typical roadside bar, full of heavy drinkers and other guardians of modern chemistry. As Cam made his way to the bar, he could feel the eyes of some of the patrons burning a hole in the back of his jacket. "Nae surprise there." he thought to himself. "Ah'm nae yer typical biker." "Scotch. Straight Up. Leave the bottle." The bar tender looked him up and down, before glancing over towards the corner of the bar. Following his gaze, Cam could just make out a couple of people sitting at the table, although in the shadow it was hard to make out any details at all. One of them glanced over, nodded almost imperceptibly and then returned to whatever discussion the pair were having. "Here ya go buddy!" Cam turned back to find a bottle of J&B and a glass of whisky waiting for him. "Cheers. Mate." said Cam picking up the glass and draining it, in his haste a little dribbled from the side of his mouth onto his unshaven chin. After his long road trip even the rough taste of the cheap whisky was almost like nectar. Wiping his mouth on the back of his gloved hand, Cam picked up the bottle and turned away from the bar, looking for an empty table.

Spotting a seat near the pool table, Cam headed towards it. As he walked towards it, a half smile formed on his face as he spotted the miniskirted blonde leaning over the table and the expression of lust on the faces of the men sitting behind her. "Nice shot!" he said to her as he passed by, causing her to pause and look up at him confused. "But I haven't taken my sho.." Cam nodded his head behind her. The look of confusion on her face quickly disappeared as she followed Cam's nod, to be replaced equally quickly by a look of indignent embaressment. "You bloody perverts!" she yelled as she pulled her skirt down at the back. Chuckling quietly to himself he sat down with his back to the wall and poured himself another whisky. His attention was drawn from the irate blonde towards the television where the news was showing some footage of a ruined city centre buried under a mountain of black obsidian. The caption on screen read "Belfast: Mutants Destroy City". Cam shook his head. It had been almost a year and still they were going on about it and as usual they ignored the fact that it would probably have been a whole lot worse if they hadn't intervened. "Naebody even thanked us fer savin' the world." he muttered to himself as he sipped his whisky. The television report soon turned to local news and sport and Cam's attention began to drift again only to be captured by a disturbance near the door.

"Where are ya, ya little thoon-to-be-dead half-pint? Me an' muh boyth gonna trim ya down ta kindlin!" It was the biker who had almost knocked Cam over on his way in, and he wasn't alone. Four large, equally disgruntled looking men shadowed him, each bearing a weapon of sorts ranging from a large shovel to a chain saw. "Best get out o' the way darlin'" said Cam softly to the blonde at the pool table as he braced himself, waiting to see what would happen. "So you brought my fan club with you? You never were a fast learner Freight-Train" There was that deep voice again, this time however Cam managed to trace it to one of the occupants of the corner table. There was a blur of motion from the corner and Freight-Train, along with the two men immediately behind him disappeared back through the door and out into the sunlight. Cam blinked, wondering what had just happened. The two remaining thugs looked at each other equally at a loss, and then peered at the door. "Maybe ye lads should leave as well." said Cam stepping up behind them. The men turned, almost bursting into laughter as they saw Cam. Both men were at least a foot taller and almost twice as broad as Cam. "Are you gonna make us?" snorted the one on the right, taking a step towards Cam. "Actually, Aye ah am." said Cam. Almost faster than the eye could follow Cam punched outwards, his hands catching each man squarely in the centre of the chest just below the solar plexus. As he made contact, a blue white flash lit the confines of the bar eliciting a few screams from some of the patrons, although the screams were muffled by the loud crackling bang which left everyones ears ringing uncontrollably. Almost in slow motion Cam watched as the two men flew threw the air. One was headed straight towards the door the other unfortunately was going to have to take the window. "Guess ah'll have tae pay for that." thought Cam as he watched the glass shatter and spray outwards depositing the shocked biker onto the motorbikes parked outside. Cam headed for the door, intent on helping making sure the other man wasn't outnumbered. Reaching the door he couldn't help but chuckle at the sight which greeted him.

Sitting atop three now unconscious bikers was what could only be described as a dwarf, although unbelievably muscled. In his teeth was clenched an unlit cigar. "You responsible for breaking that window?" the deep voice seemed even more incongrous as it exited past the cigar. "Aye ah guess so." replied Cam, scratching his head "Ah'll cover the damages. Ah was just tryin' tae help." Cam took a couple of steps forward and held out his hand. "Name's Cam." The dwarf looked at him for a few minutes then took his outstretched hand. "Don't worry about it Cam. Most everyone around here call's me Judd. By the way, Got a light eh?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cam chuckled to himself. "So dae any o' ye have a clue what we are gonnae dae aboot big green and scaly doon there?"
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Every bit of conversation melted away as AJ's gold dust slowly filtered into the Skrull's system. Talk of metahuman powers and city destroying lizards seemed all of a sudden much less important to 'Vok. Not to mention a lot less interesting when compared to the vision of perfection that sat in front of him. The wanton feelings that churned within him were anything but alien to the promiscuous pirate. But the lust ridden Guardian had never experienced anything quite like this. It was as if every fiber of his being was woven for one very special purpose. Brief wisps of cognition played about at the edges of his brain. They tried to tell the shape shifter that his mind needed to be focused on the matter at hand. But those voices were very quickly silenced and once again he could think of nothing more than getting his hands on her matter.

Looking the gorgeous pink haired pixie up and down, 'Vok finally managed to formulate what for now passed as an intelligent thought. With his usual level of smooth, ‘Vok stared into AJ’s eyes and asked, "How you doin'?"
Angelee couldn't help but to grin at John as her glamour took effect on him. Giving Chandi a giggle and a wink she slipped out of her seat and proceeded to kneel down next to him.
"Oh, me sugah, Ah'm doin' grand. You howevah... it almost burns, doesn't it? Tha want runnin' through ya. Tiger...Ah could ask ya ta do anythang for me, couldn't Ah?" she batted her eyes just a bit, and smiled up at him before reaching out and running her hand down his cheek.
Throwing a wink at Cameron as she continued to torment 'Vok, AJ looked up at him with a pouty lipped look and sighed.
"You see darlin' we faeries, we can't fight our nature. We're very affectionate creatures. Male, female it doesn't mattah, when we need someone, we need them. That's tha feelin' your havin' right now, ain't it?" her fingers brushed up into his hair and she smiled again.
"It'll wear off in about an hour, but until then, You're all mine John Starling..."
There was the look of absolute seductive bedevilment in AJ's eyes that should have scaried everyone, but everyone knew it was her nature to be like this, and they enjoyed it.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Chandi broke into a fit of giggles from her place in the pilot’s seat, watching AJ torment John was just to funny for words. “You know the more I think about it, the more I think I should have been a faerie.” Chandi stated before allowing her mind to get back to the matter at hand, which was Godzilla attacking Hiroshima which was their current destination.

“So we’ve got one hell of a big lizard problem…anyone have a plan?” She questioned her teammates, turning around a bit in her seat to look at each one in turn. “I mean I could create a plan of my own…but that’d probably end up with all of us getting injured.” Chandi added with a little smirk.
[albumsig]24[/albumsig]
"Well I have a few....but I think maybe we should get a better hold on our marchin' orders, eh Pet? Are we here to capture and contain, disturb and disperse, or outright kill? Not that I have an exact way of containing somethin' this large, but I think we might be able to steer it out to sea or subdue it in one way or another."

De said as he stood up and stretched a little bit, silently wondering to himself if they could get way with blowing up a skyscraper without getting into to much trouble. As he quietly wondered to himself he peeled off his shirt, revealing the layers upon layers of bandages that surrounded his ribs and midsection. Another little lay over from his three nights in the big city. As he tossed the shift aside he undid his belt and hiked up his pants, pulling both taunt about his wait before phasing the metal spoke of the belt directly into it's leather counterpart, thus holding both secure against his persons.

"I don't s'pose anyone knows where we could score some liquid Nitrogen, eh?"
Chills ran up his spine as AJ’s fingers twined into the tangled mess that was ‘Vok’s hair. She had gotten dangerously close, and before he knew what he was doing, or before he could stop himself, ‘Vok reached out and grabbed the seductive faery. Pulling her as close as he could manage, the wanton pirate then did what only came naturally to a man in his current situation. He plain and simply laid a whopper of a kiss on the woman that was insistantly teasing him within an inch of his sanity. In an ungaurded moment brought on by sheer lust, 'Vok spoke in a whisper so that only AJ could hear, "You are beyond amazing. I haven't wanted anyone so badly since that Xandarian on the Black Moon of Hala."

With eyes locked on AJ, 'Vok realized that the faery dust that was currently coarsing through him had allowed another bit of his past to slip from his lips. He knew that it should bother him, but somehow it didn't in the least. His mind wouldn't remain focused on anything but AJ for more than a second or two. His face flushed with passion, the ensnared Skrull listened as his teammates chattered around him. He heard their words, but very little of what they said sunk in. Although Chandi's question hung in the air like a luscious unpicked apple. The possible answers flowed through 'Vok's mind, but none of them was what his feline friend was looking for. Unable to help himself, the randy pirate responded in the most off topic way that he could, "Sure love, me gots a plan. It involves me and this young lady here. Me hopes that you can handle the dinosaur yourself, because I think we’ll be busy for a while.”
As John grabbed AJ and pulled her into his lap, she had started to laugh just slightly that was, until he kissed her. She had fully expected her glamour to hit him, but she wasn't sure how hard it would. Even as the kiss broke off, she looked into his eyes for a moment with a huge grin.
"I think I've wanted him to do that since he first got here." she thought to herself as she slid off his lap.
"No...business first darlin', then we'll play." she mussed his hair again before slipping back into her seat.
"Keep diggin' on that computer Kei, maybe we'll find sumthin' on what they want us ta do." AJ glanced over her shoulder before turning to Chandi with that all knowing smile on her face.
"Wow.." she whispered softly as a cold chill ran over her. Knowing what was coming next, she rolled her eyes and laughed softly. "Oh, don't got gettin' jealous, either of ya, there's plenty of me ta go around."
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
It was almost as if someone were listening in on De's request for more information on exactly what they were supposed to do.
As if by some magic of AJ's or something more cosmic, the image on the monitors began to shift from Godzilla to their own computer bay. The guy on the sofa was sitting behind the camera smirking at them, David Bowe's "Golden Years" blaring in the background.
"So, you've figured out by now it's not unnatural weather in Japan. Smart bunch you Guardians are. Anyway, the name is Spooky, and here's what you're going to do."
As the group listened in on Spooky's plan to lead the monster back out to sea by whatever means necessary because it was apparently mating season for the big scaley radioactive death breath beast. Everyone but Chandi looked at the monitor with a "What the F&^%?" look.
"Right so, have fun. Oh, and don't be surprised if you run into another big green dragon, justdon't shoot him. S.H.E.I.L.D. has sent an operative in to make sure you guys do the job I know you can. He's known as Fing Fang Foom. Have fun, and Vicki pee'd on Cameron's bed again."
With that the monitor went black and the team was left to try to figure out exactly what the hell they had gotten themselves into.
For a moment, AJ felt really bad that Vicki was still acting like a little snot. But as she gauged the looks on everyone's faces carefully, she finally voiced her opinion on the situation.
"Nope, sorry, ain't doin' it! Ah draw tha line at tryin' ta get a big lizard laid!" Crossing her arms over her chest, she shook her head empathically.
"Ah may not have many, but Ah do have morals! and... Ah just don't like dragons! Period! A girl's gotta have some set of standards!"
Of course, she had no idea how adorable she looked with her arms crossed, lip curled into a pout and her head tossed back. Glancing out of the corner of her eye, she stuck her tongue out at Chandi.
"Don't even say it. Cause Ah know what you're thinkin!"
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Chandi arched on of her eyebrows and got a thoughtful look on her face, “Do you now? Last time I checked you weren’t the kind of shelia that could read minds.” She laughed softly, it was almost a nervous laugh not due to what AJ and herself were talking about, more so do to the fact that they’d be dealing with a giant lizard and she wasn’t found of lizards or dragons or anything that was much larger then herself. Which actually was quit a bit of things, but she just wasn’t found of reptiles because of past experiences with them.

“Great so we’ve got two big green dragons to deal with, and a man on our couch who calls himself Spooky. You know this team just gets weirder and weirder.” Chandi turned around in the pilot’s seat, really unfazed by the information Spooky had given them, though she did noticed the looks on the rest of the teams faces. “You know flies enjoy landing in open mouths.” She informed the team with a mischievous glint in her eyes and a giant smile on her face.
[albumsig]24[/albumsig]
De had heard of similar and stranger things during his life back in Oz, so for some bloke named Spooky to tell him about giant dragon mating season really wasn't anything new to him. He merely wished he knew more about the subject.

"So we get one big ugly to bump big uglies with the other big ugly huh? Sounds cake. Juss need some way of superheatin' the area so they can really start poppin' out them hormones for one another to taste. After that, nature should take it's course. Course...figuring out which one's the male and which is the sheila might take a bit o' work, but we get their temperatures up enough and really shouldn't matter....right?"

He half asked as he tested the bandages by poking himself lightly, knowing a bit about Lizard demons and such, but not knowing exactly how dragonkin worked. After all, he'd been assigned to the Nightside division back home. Demons, Warlocks, Vampires, Zombies, Witches, Ghosts, and Werewolves he knew. But dragons and Brownies and Bushwichs and Goblins and Faeries, and Elves and such simply weren't his concern. They had the "Fairy Tale Division" to deal with that sort of stuff. And he had never paid those blokes much attention.

"Damn....you don't think there'll be eggs of nothin' to deal with do you?"
The somewhat cryptic rambling of the Guardian's newest babysitter flew in 'Vok's ear and quickly passed through to the other side. As much as he knew he should care about what Spooky had said, he just couldn't keep his mind focused. His higher brain functions were entirely too preoccupied with AJ and the one hundred and twenty-six things he would like to be doing to her. But instead, he and his teammates had to go out and help some dinosaur get his freak on.

Realizing that his needs were not about to be sated any time soon, ‘Vok resigned himself to dealing with the situation at hand, not that the thoughts of AJ had lessened any. He just forced himself to fight through them. Without giving any forethought to what he was about to say, ‘Vok quipped, “So we have to keep Spot’s reptilian cousin from trampling the locals long enough to get him some prehistoric nooky? Fine, but lets make it fast. Because if this takes too long, me don’t thinks Godzilla will be the only horny green monster wreaking havoc on Japan.”
“Nathaniel, you really know how to explain things in the simplest of terms.” Chandi informed De, an eyebrow raised as she looked at her fellow Aussie. “How ‘bout we put you in charge of getting them together while the rest of use find some nice Japanese botanical garden to relax in.” She quipped an evil glint in her eye and a little smirk playing at the corner of her lips as she thought about the hell they could raise while in Hiroshima.

Chandi had been to Japan once before with her parents, she’d only been about four years old and hadn’t been allowed to leave the hotel without pulling a hood over her head to conceal her cat like resemblance, at that time her parents hadn’t been afraid of her no their fear didn’t surface until her powers began to grow. Though as Chandi remembered the little visit she tried her best to push it out of her mind, she didn’t like dwelling in her past. Her parents and her were on good terms now and she wasn’t going to ruin that by becoming bitter about the past. “Ace, the sooner we get this freak show on the road the sooner I can get home and start ‘getting’ to know Spooky.” Chandi let a soft laugh escape her as she made her little comment, though it was quickly forgotten as John began to ramble on about something to do with green horny monsters.

“Do you know about anymore green monsters in need of a good shag?” Chandi questioned her cat like eyes fixing their gaze on John/’Vok as he spoke. “Because frankly two monsters are bad enough.” She added flipping her dark hair over one shoulder as she tried to make sense of what her teammate was talking about.
[albumsig]24[/albumsig]
AJ turned in her seat as John spoke about green monsters and gave him a "I know that stuff isn't "THAT" powerful look." Shaking her head, she was just about to voice her opinion when Chandi spoke up.
"Oh no you don't! Every one of us has a fair shot at that one. Wanna wrestle for it? This time, no chocolate pudding, Ah couldn't get tha stuff out of mah hair for days."
Turning back in her seat, she twirled a long pink strand of hair around her finger.
"Ahh, tha good ole days."
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Finding their destination and landing was easy enough for the team. And thanks to a little handy dandy snooping on Kei's part, the Guardians now each had a nice wristwatch style communicator strapped to their wrist.
Hiroshima was a buzz of activity as they set out about town trying to find out all the information they could. Newspapers, tv reports, eye witnesses all seemingly had different information.
The first trick was to find the 2nd biggest "horny" beast in Japan at the moment. 'Vok was wandering towards the back of the group watching AJ's posterior as she and Cameron scouted the area from above. With a creature this big, you'd pretty well see it coming.
Gathering back at the jet, the team shot ideas back and forth to each other on what to do next when the ever present voice of "Spooky" echoed across all of their comms.
"Keep looking around, he's bound to show up sooner or later, and keep me in the loop. I want to know the minute the big guy is off the island."
Kei quirked an eyebrow, “I think I’m pretty useless in this whole thing, unless I can lure the lizard with portions of the city exploding…” She trailed off, “I mean, I could do it all from the waves; work my way from the middle of the city outwards to the shore to catch his attention, then hit the water. But that would involve a surfboard, which I don’t have.” That was the best she had, ‘course it might have just been her urge to surf that brought up that plan of action, but at least it was something.

Whether the group went for it or not was the question, since it was definitely a hit or miss option.
“Anybody else have a big genius plan?” Kei looked around the group, hoping that somebody did, I mean, some of these people were actually experienced in the super-heroing thing. It was only natural to think that they could think up some sort of plan.
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]
"Well you and Cammy seem to be the most offense heavy, so I figure you piss off one and he the other and see if you can't get them to follow you lot to some sort of central location. While you two are doing that, Pet, meself, and the number one fan 'ere'll handle crowd control, steerin' the local bits out the way. Using these Swatches you found of course luv. Once we get big ug one and two ta point X, I fig our resident pixie can try to juice up the area with that dust of 'ers and get them in the mood."

De replied as he pulled his jersey back on, tucking it snugly into his jeans before realising how silly he looked, promptly pulling it back out.

"Course....Cam'll probably have the easier time staying ahead of his liz, but once we figure out some way of...Oi! Here's the what. Pet'll fly you about in our jet 'ere. Tub should be fast enough to keep you outta harms way. Give you a good visual from that height too. Leaves only me and Johnny on crowd duty....but I think we'll manage."

He concluded as he sat down and cringed slightly, slipping his hand over his midsection and ribs.

"We may have to think up one 'ell of a cover story to tell the locals....but it should work..."
Hanging at the back of the group, 'Vok couldn't help but stare intently at AJ's backside. Of coarse, his eyes would most likely have been transfixed by the wonderful sight anyway, but the dust that the pixie girl had used on him made it almost impossible to do anything but admire the girl's attributes. What spare attention he could muster was being used to keep his big mouth shut. The dust had ruined what little inhibitions he had, making it far too easy for the secretly Skrull Guardian to let certain embarassing secrets slip out. Over the time spent together he had come to trust his teammates fairly well, and he knew that his true identity would have to come to light one day, but this was not the time. They had enough on their plates at the moment without 'Vok adding a hefty dose of reality in on top of every thing else.

But, as the team stood about trying to formuate a plan, 'Vok found his attention drifting ever more to the conversation at hand. The subject of Kei's mobility perked his interest. Using every bit of willpower at his disposal, the preoccupied Skrull joined the conversation. Turning towards De, 'Vok made a suggestion, "Sounds like brilliance to me, mate, but allow me ta make a suggestion. Instead of expending all our fuel luring the big green all bout the city, why don't we do it the ol' fashion way?" And then, before their eyes, 'Vok concentrated on his body and the power that was at its core. Slowly it began to change. Morphing slowly around him, he began to take on a decidedly reptilian, half man-half dinosaur form. His fingers extended, with heavy webbing between them. Folds of green skin began to unfurl from beneath his arms, extending into massive, powerful wings. The rest of his body had shrank noticably, with most of his mass having been shifted out to his new wings and arms to allow the man the power of flight.

With his features now a decent mix of human and reptile, he gave his team a second to adjust to his morphed appearance and then continued with a slight hiss to his voice, "Pterodactyl Air, at your ssservice."
"Sweet!" AJ replied as 'Vok transformed "Ah soo gotta get me on of those!" snickering she leaned against the jet and listened to everyone talk.
"Ah think De's plan is pretty solid. Although Ah'm doin' this, Ah'm protesting it...ya just don't get involved in nature that way." she glared down at the wrist watch then shouted at it "Did ya hear me Spooky! Ah'm already thinkin' yer just about as bad as that Cooper dame!"
"So, unless someone else has any other brilliant plans, we should head out and find big green and scaley... Ah wanna get back home before Friends comes on!"
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Cam yawned and stretched as he leant against the jet. It didn't look like they were going to get much of a chance to take in the sites before they started destroying them. He looked at the com link on his wrist. "Ah hope this thing has some good shielding. Ye have nae idea how many mobile phones ah get through." He shook his head, pulling his glove back over the device.

"Right. Ah'm away tae see if ah can find that overgrown crocodile. " he said as he tapped his wrist. "Keep in touch." With that he was up in the air, leaving only the tang of ozone behind him.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]