Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Men The End
Ok, someone wanna tell me why I'm just now seeing this???!?!?!?!?

:twisted:

http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/dat...heend4.jpg

Ok, I think I officially wee'd myself.

Anyway, other than the awesome Greg Land art, is anyone reading this? Is it worth picking up or waiting for the trade...and where can I buy this in full size poster form for the ceiling in my bedroom??? Lol
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I don't know what made you wee yourself, becuase that link didn't show me anything relating to X-men the End, but I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about.

[spoiler]I looked in a preview book recently and saw Mr. Sinister on the cover of one of the X-Men: The End books. Like I said, I'm pretty sure I know of whom you speak.[/spoiler]
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
What did you see when you clicked on the link?

Because when I click on it, I see an extremely cool picture of Mr. Sinister from the cover of X-Men: The End #4. It is drawn by the insanely talented Mr. Greg Land and is possibly one of the best pictures of Essex I have ever seen.
I can't wait! I'm getting this series and it looks to me like someone has been reading up on all my great ideas! LOL.

I'll make sure to give reviews!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I liked The End #1, pretty good and will be picking up #2. Love the cover of Sinister as well.
Have you seen the cover for #5 with the Goblin Queen on it?
I'm getting chills at the artwork!!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Enchantress Wrote:Have you seen the cover for #5 with the Goblin Queen on it?
I'm getting chills at the artwork!!
Yep, this is some great sets of artwork. Not to mention, Maddie looks really hot on the cover.
I had a feeling you were going to say that.. hell I was thinking it! LOL.

Yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting getting these books in (should be sometime this week)
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Ok, I've read issues 1 & 2 now and I really did enjoy them. The artwork is great and I'm just awaiting the next issues of it now.
[spoiler] although that whole Bishop/Deathbird thing, yeah....it didn't throw me, just made me go "well, you know...Deathbird is kinda a tramp"[/spoiler]
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I just read issue #4 and I have to say that I like the way this is heading, but Sinister's "four horsemen" seem to be kind of odd choices. Is it just me, or do other's feel the same way?[spoiler]Most of them started out as Fantastic Four villains (with the exception of Omega Red). Am I correct in this, or do I not know the characters like I THOUGHT i did?[/spoiler]
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Having read the first part of the series and now starting on the second half...I don't know, I just can't get into it.
It just seems to be lacking something and I can't quite put my finger on what that is.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Hey guys and gals, sorry long time no post. I just went out and got The End volume 1 and loved it. The Second Volume is looking great also. My problem is tht Profeeor X. would have thought it out that the War Skrulls would be prepared for him and found ALtenative methods of dealing with them. Also, Why did Prof. X know that Psylock was there? Or is she another War Skrull trying to work his/her way into the midest of the X Team's?
Who thinks it's not cool for Gambit to be related to the Summers Clan? Better yet, who expected it? Better even yet again, who expected Remy of being a CLone of Essex? Who expects that theres another Clone running around?
Ok, here's my take.

For a long time now it's been alluded to that Remy was the 'other' Summers brother. Quite honestly it had gotten stale. I never thought that they'd pull that card (no pun intended) out again.

As for the clones of Sinister. BS! Absolute BS. You don't go messing with a good thing.

I'd always kinda thought perhaps Gambit was related to ole' Nate. Again, it was something I'd never thought they'd pull out.

It comes off as mediocre fanfic stuff rather than the work a professional writer should be doing.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Quote:It comes off as mediocre fanfic stuff rather than the work a professional writer should be doing.

Wow...that is possibly the most profound, beautiful and concise explanation of Claremont's work that I have ever seen. I have been struggling for some time to adequately express my dissappointment in his writing. And you went and summed it up in one short sentence. I have found myself more and more dissilusioned by every piece of Claremont work I've read since his 90's relaunch of Fantastic Four, and you are right, its because his stuff comes off as ametuerish.

And X-Men: The End is probably the best example. He has taken every character he has created and tried to shoehorn them into a story where many of them do not even belong. Mr. Sinister's henchmen are the worst example. Most of them are villains that he created for the Fantastic Four...what the hell are they doing in an X-Men story??? Claremont has been given the keys to the kingdom with this story and I am afraid he has lost his way. Its hard to believe that he is the same guy that wrote the Dark Phoenix Saga.
Well I didn't mean to be so prolific in my accessment of Chris Claremont's work. It's just that's what he reminds me of anymore. Badly written fan fiction.

If only the awesome Greg Land artwork hadn't been the best thing about X-Men The End.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]