Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash
As reported by <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cinescape.com">www.cinescape.com</a><!-- w -->

The rumors about FREDDY VS. JASON VS. ASH are true. Today's Hollywood Reporter confirms that New Line Cinema has entered discussions with director Sam Raimi, the fellow who helmed the three EVIL DEAD pictures and who owns the copyright to Ash, the sarcastic hero of the DEAD trilogy. If a deal can be reached, Ash will go up against the two horror slasher icons in the sequel to last summer's FREDDY VS. JASON. In that case, it's expected that Bruce Campbell will strike a deal to play Ash for the fourth time. It's unlikely that Raimi would direct the film; he's got plans to helm SPIDER-MAN 3 (set for release in May 2007), but Raimi would likely take a producing credit on the VERSUS film.

Last seen on-screen in 1993's ARMY OF DARKNESS, Campbell's Ash has remained a popular cult hero amongst the horror fandom. The rumors about Ash being added to the fray first popped up at Creature Corner a year ago this month and were then revisited by Fangoria in October 2003.

Reporter adds a new item by stating that if a deal cannot be worked out with Raimi, New Line will still continue to develop FREDDY VS. JASON 2, possibly by introducing a new antagonist for the two killers to face off against.
Indeed, but you could kind of see if coming once the rumors started. A few months back Wizard interviewed Bruce and the topic came up about Ash joining the battle, and as of late Evil Dead has started to creep back into the "mainstream". Now I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see this film....but c'mon. Hasn't Ash been through enough?

Smile
Ash would kick both of their collective spooky @sses!

That's just my personal opinion. And I gotta agree with Truth, I think Ash has been through enough...he needs some down time. You know, do like an "Army of the Evil Dead" or some crap like that with Ash on vacation and boom! it all happens again.
I'D SEE THAT!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]