Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivial Pursuits
Here we go: Sports

What is the average number of dimples on a golf ball?
The average Titleist has anywhere from 330-360 dimples.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
way to go...anything between 320 - 500 is acceptable. Your turn.
I know we're supposed to try to think of things non-comic related for this, but I'm drawing a blank, and it's been WAY TOO LONG since this thread has been in circulation, so here we go:

Category: Entertainment (Silver Screen?)

In the original "Incredible Hulk" Television show (Bill Bixby/ Lou Ferrigno) why did they change Bruce Banners name to ROBERT BRUCE BANNER?
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Because the name Bruce, as he is known in the comics, was considered at the time to be a "homosexual name" and the show's producers wanted to distance themselves from that type of conotation.
DING DING DING!!!!

We have a winner folks. Your turn J
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Category: Science/Geography

Nantucket Island, Massachusetts was devoid of what until 1989?
The TV show WINGS?
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
No, I'm sorry. Think more along the science/nature avenue of thinking.
In case you weren't aware, I was HEAVILY joking.

I'm stumped on this one, but I'll think about it and get back to you.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Only nearly a year and half for a reply, but....

Is it squirrels?
Behind every great man is a woman, behind her is his wife.
[Image: rantlogo.jpg]
Yeah, I think it's squirrels. Something clicked in my dusty mind that that might be right when you said that. Is it squirrels?

Glenn
Yep...wow, I had fogotten that I even had control of this game. Thanks for reviving it. The answer is indeed squirrels. Your turn, Mirad0rable.
Phew, I think it's easier to answer than think of a question, lol
OK, easy one for you all....

In the UK we drive on the left hand side of the road, but when was it finally decided it should be this way?
A little online research gets the job done everytime

The General Highways Act of 1773 recommended that horse traffic travel on the left, and in 1835 this concept was included in the UK Highways Bill.

Now I just hope that my source proves trustworthy.
Well done Sir. You are correct, Parliament finally passed the law to cover Britain in 1835.

However, this law was already in force in Scotland in 1772 thanks again to Parliament. The General Highways Act of 1773 did not apply the keep-left rule to England. The custom was already established. Albeit somewhat imperfect.

Your turn, The Mighty Thor
Ok folks, lets see if we can get this game rolling again...

In last year's excellent video game, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, where can Blade be found in order to unlock him as a playable character?