Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDENTITY CRISIS
Seriously, in my oppinion, one of the best stories I've read in a long time. It has taken the DC universe and made it a tangible thing to me. I used to consider the DCU to be a joke with a bunch of lame characters and lame storylines, but this comic has altered my perception of the characters. Issue #3 of this story, Deathstroke takes on a makeshift JLA all by his lonesome and nearly kills all of them! Easily one of my favorite issues of a comic of all time! The makeshift JLA are no slouches either. the team consisted of Green Arrow, Flash, Hawkman, the Atom, Zatanna, Black Canary, and THE GREEN LANTERN (Kyle Rayner)! Sorry if it seems like I'm drooling over this if you've read it and don't agree, but this is just one man's oppinion.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Anyone not reading IC should beat themselves over the head with a stick. The series has been consistently good and keeps you on your toes. I'll admit IC #5 has a letdown in some areas, but this is a really strong series and think this is really going to have a major effect on the DCU.
>>Goes to find a stick to beat himself with<<

I didn't jump on this book when it first came out and have been kicking myself for the decision ever since. Ahhh well, with any luck, DC will release the compiled story in TPB form soon after the series wraps up. Has a TPB even been solicited for Identity Crisis yet?
Well, IC ends in December, and we just got January solicits, and I didn't see a TPB in there, so you might have to wait a while. Not sure if they'll be adding tie-ins though, like with the Flash.
Hey, TMT, you can have my stick. I don't need it, because I got in on the ground floor. Who knew a Marvel Zombie such as myself would be so into a DC book? P.S. If they still haven't collected it by the next time I visit you or vice versa, you can read my copies in-between changing poopy diapers.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
That sounds like a plan, SRF4. I thought that you might be willing to help a brother out. But do I actually have to use the word, "poopy"?
yes, yes you do. I am waiting for the series to wrap up and I am going to read the whole thing all together.
Man, did they just up the ante in #6 or what!? Oh... right, you guys haven't read it yet. It seriously rocks. It's heading towards the finale, and its going to be a blast.
I HAVE read it, and OH BOY, ARE YOU EVER RIGHT!!!! Can't wait to see how it all ends!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
A combo of gross bloodbath advertising & a shortage of free money & space have kept me away from buying this Tongue.

But I still get some intrigue out of reading people's spoiler posts/reviews on it :wink:.
It's great writing, of that there's no doubt.

Brad Meltzer is one of the best thriller writers on the planet. If you haven't read any of his novels you don't know what you're missing. His legal thrillers put John Grisham to shame.

The fact that we are sacrificing good characters and established continuity for good story and art though, to me that's just downright heartbreaking.

I don't want to see the classic Justice League (my Justice League) denigrated, killed, blasphemed or even just put on a gray moral ground.

Identity Crisis is the bastard cousin of "Disassembled" in my mind. It's a terrific read but I absolutely HATE the events unfolding here.

Glenn Walker