Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legion of Super Heroes
I had read many articles in Wizard prior to the release of the brand new Legion comic by Mark Waid/ Barry Kitson. I also read Teen Titans who just recently had a crossover with the Legion, and that story was supposed to lead up to te relaunch of the Legion under it's new creative team. I decided "oh, what the hell! I like futuristic/space spanning storylines! I have also never read anything by Mark Waid that was very dissapointing." So I gave this book a try. Let's just say that if you're not reading this book, and you're looking for something different, you should probably try it out. Storytelling is excellent, and there is just enough of a mixture between teen angst, humor, and science fiction to make this book on my top ten list every time. In fact, I'm one of the biggest Marvel Zombies to walk the Earth, and I will read this book first every time. I can't help myself!
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
I read the new number one (are we really on volume five of Legion???) online and was disappointed. Yes, I find it hard to believe as well, disappointed by Mark Waid. I am willing to give it another shot and have both issue one and two (hard copy) in my to read pile so we'll see.

Glenn Walker
Really? What were you dissapointed about? If you can give me specific instances, I'll be more than willing to see another side to the story, but I myself was quite pleased with it.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
What was I disappointed with? Up until the dreaded "Five Years Later" series and I stayed 'til the end on that one, I had been a hardcore Legion fan for decades. When I heard that Mark Waid would be writing I was thrilled. Writers with both a respect and knowledge of comics history and continuity are few and far between - and Mark Waid is one of them. I did not want to see just another reboot, I wanted to see the real Legion!

I wanted to see the Jim Shooter/Curt Swan/Cary Bates/Dave Cockrum/Paul Levitz/Mike Grell Legion of Super-Heroes that I loved so - the one that had a following and good sales, not to mention solid characters and terrific storytelling.

Unfortunately what I got was just another lousy reboot...

Glenn Walker