Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Four Animated
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Marvel Enterprises has signed a deal with France's Antefilms Productions to produce an animated TV series based the Fantastic Four comic book characters. The deal is expected to be announced at the MIPCOM international TV sales convention in Cannes. The trade says the companies would produce 26 half-hour episodes targeted for premiere in the United States and other countries in late 2006.

Under the terms of the agreement, Antefilms will commence production immediately on 26, 30-minute 2D/3D animated episodes. The initial episodes are expected to be completed for worldwide distribution in late-2006.

The deal teams Marvel with an animation company with proven success both domestically and internationally. Two of Antefilms' current series -- Code Lyoko and Funky Cops - -are currently broadcast successfully on Cartoon Network and Fox Box, respectively, in the United States.

"Marvel is firmly committed to strongly support its characters in all relevant entertainment arenas throughout the world," Marvel's Avi Arad said. "We are especially excited that The Fantastic Four TV animation will follow the release of our 2005 feature film with 20th Century Fox, and that we are able to work with such a great animation company as Antefilms to make this happen."

Antefilms Productions will fund all of the development costs for the series. Antefilms will produce the content while both companies will oversee the overall creative direction. Marvel will control the U.S. television and subsequent DVD distribution rights, while Moonscoop (Antefilms' distribution brand) will handle sales in the rest of the world.

StarWarsShop.com - More Product. More Exclusives.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
I would desperately like to see a good Fantastic Four cartoon, preferably something involved, along the lines of the first X-Men series.

But I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

Unfortunately each of the three attempts that have been made have all started from scratch and then proceded to re-re-re-tell the same old Lee-Kirby stories. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but let's see the Four now, let them have a past, and most of all, let them evolve.

Just my two cents,

Glenn Walker
Yeah, but the only problem with that Glenn is you have to set up a backstory for them somehow.
I say, sure, do a few great classic FF stories, then move on and do some ORIGINAL stuff.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]