Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite Board Game?
We got into a discussion about this at work a few days ago. So I thought I'd ask...what's your all time favorite board game?

Mine would probably be Trivial Pursuit. I like something that makes me think and requires some intelligence to play.
After that...I think probably Life.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Anybody who knows me well enough knows the answer to this one. By far, my favorite game is MONOPOLY and all of it's myriad of variations. I'm about as ruthless a player as you can find, and most people won't even play with me anymore (not even NOVA!!)
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
I would have to say Scrabble. I almost always win. Can anyone say "I used all my letters...50 points."
RISK!
The game of global Domination! :twisted:

Gotta love strategy games. [/u]
Beyonder, you sound like my kind of guy!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
OH YEAH! I FORGOT ABOUT RISK! I LOVE THAT GAME!!!!! I like the futuristic version better, though. Tons more strategy than the original. Anybody else besides Nova ever played Risk 2210?
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Oh great! I didn't know there was a newer version.

Oh my wife is gonna hate you Surfer,she doesn't like playing regular Risk with me,let alone one with deeper strategy. Well,I guess I have to go to my local toy store and pick it up,I have loved Risk since I was really young.

TheBeyonder
-2210 here I come. Big Grin
unfortunately it will run you about 40-50 bucks. It's pretty expensive, but worth it. apologies to the wife.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
I found a Lord of the Rings version of Risk last weekend and almost had to buy it.

Even though I know NOTHING about the game. I haven't played it in years...it looked really cool!!!

I'm considering the SNL version of Trival Pursuit.
Anyone seen it? have any critiques???
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
If you hold off on buying said game, Chanty, Nova and myself own the deluxe version of it. I'm sure we could bust it out next time one of us visits the other, and you can playtest it!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Sounds like a plan to me. It's not like I've got extra cash to throw around on a game right now anyway.

Have you see the price of Diapers and forumla?

LOL!

Yeah, I'd love to be able to play sometime. Would let me see if I really wanted it or not.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Yes, even though I don't have a child, I know FULL WELL the price of such things. I work in a grocery store after all. It's ridiculous!!!!! The baby is just going to consume one, and ruin the other!!! WHAT'S THE POINT I ASK YOU?! WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS?!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
TheBeyonder Wrote:RISK!
The game of global Domination! :twisted:

Gotta love strategy games. [/u]

Absolutely agree with you. Risk is my all time favorite board game. So many good times connected with that game.

Ahh...

good times. good times.
There is nothing like playing Risk with your mates.