Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goyer gone in a FLASH
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=19001">http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=19001</a><!-- m -->

From Cinescape.com
After completing the latest adventure in the BLADE series of films, writer/director David S. Goyer has inked a deal that will see him write, direct and produce a feature film based on DC Comics scarlet speedster, THE FLASH, for Warner Bros.

The news was announced today in the pages of Variety but it was first scooped by Ain't It Cool News last month where a scooper said Goyer was in "the very early stages" of talks. Apparently those talks have been signed, sealed and delivered.

"FLASH is my favorite of the properties," Goyer said to Variety. "I think the character of the Flash, who moves faster than the speed of light, opens itself up to rich cinematic and story ideas."

There's also been rumblings from BLADE: TRINITY actor Ryan Reynolds that he wants to play the Flash. "I just think it's an interesting character, and with today's technology, you could do something that hasn't been done yet in the comic book world," Ryan told the Akron Beacon Journal.

Thoughts?
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Sounds cool. With Reynolds in the lead I think it could bring the right quality to attract audiences.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Ryan Reynolds is suitably non-offensive as a Flash, although we're not sure which Flash will be featured in the film.

I hope the producers take a peek at a little known 1989 cult film called The Wizard of Speed and Time for insight on what can be done special effects-wise without using CGI. I think the techniques of that flick would be perfect for the Flash.

Glenn Walker
As a fan of Reynolds from his "Two Guys and a Girl" days, I would have to say that he would be almost perfect to play Wally West. But that is the only Flash that he would be right to play. There is no way that he would be right for Barry Allen.

Although, my choice of actor to play the Flash has always been Matthew McConaughey, but then again this is based on something Wizard magazine said years ago and nothing more. I really don't even know all that much about the Comic version of Flash, seeings that most of my intelligence on the guy comes either from the Justice League book, or from the animated series. Who would be your dream casting of a Flash film?