Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Reynolds Debunks Deadpool Rumors
Excerpt from Superherohype.com article about Blade Trinity

He also debunked some of the rumors of him playing Marvel's mirthful mutant Deadpool. "Inspired by Hannibal King, Avi Arad really wanted me to play Deadpool, and I just don't think that anyone has an idea how to bring it to the screen. It's a really difficult comic book to adapt, and I've read them all. He's just so similar to Hannibal King. That was the worry I had, so I think that's one of the reasons it just faded away. It's definitely a tough role to cast, because he has to look like a badass, but he's the 'merc with a mouth'. [Because of the mask and the make-up], you wouldn't even know it's me anyway. Dan Aykroyd could do it!"

Personally, I think Reynolds would do a good job on Deadpool. But he's got a point. How do you bring someone that larger than life onto the big screen?
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Cameo.

Seriously. I can't picture a two hour Deadpool movie, but if he were to show up for a few fleeting moments in someone else's flick I think that would be just fine.

If they were going to do a full on Dp flick, then I think it should be told like DD was. Where the movie starts at the end with Dp all beat up, then goes back to the beginning to tell the story of how he ended up in the situtation we see him in at the beginning of the film. As far as what the story would be.....I honestly have no clue. But so long as they make sure to put Weasel and/or Sandi in, while keeping Cable out at all costs....I'm sure I'll be happy.
Al! A DP movie would have to have AL and Deuce in it. Otherwise, what kind of Deadpool movie would it be?

I can see your point about a cameo. Because honestly, how do you write a 2 hour movie about that nutjob?

Although, I had thought that the DD idea was good. I'd like to see maybe Domino show up and beat the crap out of him, that would be good.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]