Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your favorite standup comedian?
Right now, I'm kinda tied between Mitch Hedberg and Steven Lynch.

I LOVE Steven Lynch's spoof on all those closet D&D geeks.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Eddie Izzard, without a doubt. The only comedian who has ever had me in tears, laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. He has a stand up special called "Dressed to Kill" in which he has a short bit comparing, or rather contrasting, Christianity and Paganism. My best friend was there with me and was ready to give me the "Heimlich Manuever" because he could see me doubling over.

(Paraphrased)
Dr. Heimlich: Helga! Helga! Wake up!
Ms. Heimlick: Ack! What is it Dr. Heimlich?
DH: What are you calling me Dr. Heimlich? I'm you're husband for christ's sake. Don't be so bloodly Prussian!"
MH: Fine.... What is it Gunthar?
DH: Helga.....I have invented...a manuever...
MH: What are you a bloody tank commander now!?
George Carlin! Lol
You all have thrown out some great names.

George Carlin is a long time favorite, and will always be near the top of my list. The man is a comedy god.

Eddie Izzard is a genius that is not nearly well known enough. His "Dressed to Kill" special left me in stitches as well. Engelbert Humperdinck has never been funnier.

Mitch Hedberg and Stephen Lynch are very funny guys too. Very different styles, but equally hilarious.

My favorite is hard to pin down though. It usually is a day to day choice depending on who I have seen most recently. But I would have to say that my favorite here lately has to be Daniel Tosh. The guy just cracks me up. In fact, I think I will go out today and celebrate cargo pant day in his honor.
GOD, PLEASE DON'T ASK ME THIS QUESTION!!!!! I BEG OF YOU!!! YOU KNOW IT'S LIKE ASKING ME TO CHOOSE BETWEEN CHILDREN!!!!!!

To best answer the question, I would have to give a list as oppposed to picking one, so here we go.

-Dave Attell
-Bill Cosby
-George Carlin
-Pablo Francisco
-Steven Wright
-Jim Gaffigan
-Todd Barry
-STEPHEN LYNCH (seeing in concert highly recommended!)
-Ralphie May
-Mitch Hedberg
-Lewis Black
-Daniel Tosh
-Nick Swardsdon (SP?)
-Bill Engvall
-Ron White
-Larry the Cable guy
-Jeff Foxworthy
-Tenacious D (the most rocking comedy group...EVER!)
-Ray Ramano
-Dane Cook
-Denis Leary (when he actually still DID stand-up)
-Judy Gold
-Mitch Fatell
-Louie Anderson
-Richard Pryor
-Eddie Murphy (see comment on Denis Leary)
-Robin Williams
-Amazing Jonothan
-Louis C.K.
-Patton Oswalt
-Dr. Pepper
-Jim Breuer
-Wanda Sykes
-Dave Chappelle
-Greg Giraldo
-Nick Dipaolo
-Gene Pompa
-Maria Bamford
-Arj Barker
-Billy Burr
-Jeff Dunham
-Adam Ferrara
-Zach Galafinakis (SP?)
-Darrel Hammond
-Garbriel Iglesias
-Dom Irrera
-Kathleen Madigan
-Brian Posehn
-Brian Regan
-Tom Papa
-Johnny Sanchez
-Drew Carry
-Todd Glass
-Elvira Kurt
-Jim David
-Richard Jenni
-Ardal O'Hanlon
-Al Madrigal
-Sabrina Matthews
-Steve Martin
-Jim Carey
-Rodney Dangerfield
-Jay Mohr
-John Pinette
-Greg Proops
-Jeffrey Ross
-Chris Rock
-Margaret Smith
-Harland Williams

Like I said, DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE! I'm not good at it. Hopefully my quite extensive list will help you think of YOU'RE favorite, though.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
I forgot a few of my favorites, and they are not names that appear on SRF4's list.

Drew Hastings is a neurotic Metro-sexual guy who never ceases to crack me up. His alter ego, Jack Freeman is a success guru that you could never go wrong listening to.

Mike Armstrong is a former cop turned comic that is hilarious to no end. His story about the drunk on the sidewalk that turned out to be an attempted suicide victim is funnier every time I hear it.

Heywood Banks is a guitar comic with some of the funniest and most ridiculous songs I have ever heard. "Toast" "One Eye Love" are two of my favorites.

Tim Bedore's "Vague But True" bits are instant classics, with the Animal Conspiracy installment standing out as the best of the bunch, and one that he expounds upon each time I hear him.

Auggie Smith is probably in my top 5, because no one can argue with the genius of the Aug.

Dan St. Paul's baseball bits rank among my most favorite bits of comedy ever. His "First Baseball Game", and its sequel, "Heaven vs. Hell" are not to be missed.

Paul Gilmartin, Kevin Pollak, Henry Phillips, and Matt Weinhold are a few others that make me belly laugh like none other.

Can you tell that my brother and I grew up with a very healthy appreciation for stand up comedy, and the geniuses that bring it into our world? When you are raised on Bill Cosby and George Carlin, you just can't help but to have a good and varied sense of humor.
Enchantress Wrote:Right now, I'm kinda tied between Mitch Hedberg and Steven Lynch.

Those two are top of my list currently as well, right with lewis Black and old favorites Chris Rock and vintage Richard Pryor.

Lynch puts on a hell of a show if you ever get to see him live!

Glenn Walker
I love Stephen Lynch's Lullabye...Jeremiah's been singing it to Isabelle at night!

But, he mentioned Tim Bedore, whom I love...and his animal conspriacy theory. I found it on Tim's website <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.vaguebuttrue.com">www.vaguebuttrue.com</a><!-- w -->

Enjoy, this is quite possibly one of the funniest bits EVER. If you can listen to the link on the website, it's hillarious. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.vaguebuttrue.com/bt2_4416m.mp3">http://www.vaguebuttrue.com/bt2_4416m.mp3</a><!-- m -->

The Other Animals Are Agin' Us
By Tim Bedore 2003

Did you see that in the paper the other day about those carp in the Mississippi River jumping into boats and bonking fisherman in the head? It's true. They're called big head carp, they're from Asia and they're attacking and severely injuring many fisherman.

Biologists claim the roar of boat motors agitates and excites these carp and they jump towards the sound but I think these biologists are naively missing an obvious connection. Fish are attacking fisherman. For the fish it's get them before they get you, kill or be killed. Even if these fisherman are practicing catch and release, that's a very painful, embarrassing experience for any fish and apparently they have had it.

What about the increase in mountain lion attacks? Great White sharks moving closer to shore? Moose have been showing up in towns and stomping on people. A squirrel was in my living room last spring. Am I the only one that sees a pattern here? People, wise up! The other animals are against us. It doesn't take a genius to see there's an inter-species conspiracy to thwart the urban expansion of man.

How do the squirrels fit in? Surveillance. They spy on what we people are doing in the cities and report back to the bigger species out there on the front lines.

And taken together these other species represent walking, we hope not yet talking, scratching, biting weapons of mass destruction. And if these other species can convince the insect world, for example a well known anti-human group like the killer bees, to join up our way of life and our democracy could be history.

The skeptical may ask why would these other species want to hurt us? Obviously, they hate us. They are jealous of our way of life. We swim in chlorinated, safe environment pools, then towel off and have an adult beverage. They are stuck eating sludge in the Mississippi, a river polluted by guess who: their mortal enemy man. And to top it all off we eat them.

This invasion of Asian carp is no accident. This is stage one of their well planned attack. We ignore the obvious at our own peril.

We can no longer sit back and wait for them to attack us. It's time we adopt a new doctrine regarding these other animals. We have to wipe out any and all species who are a lined against us, wherever they are. We can not rest until every big head carp, great white shark, mountain lion, moose and squirrel and any other species that associates with them are defeated.

If the U.N. wants to get involved fine, if not we can do it alone. Of course the British will show up, they always do, but we will fight to protect our way of life. And if you don't agree, you're an unpatriotic idiot who hates America.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I would have to call it a tie between Brian Regan and Larry the Cable Guy. They both had me laughing so hard I almost passed out. Maybe I did pass out. That would explain where that day went.....

"What if I take two more? How many would I have left then Donut Lady!?!"
[Image: status.php?host=74.137.121.93]