Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comics Uncovered - Version Update
I am currently in the process of upgrading the phpBB engine which runs the board to the latest version 2.0.11 I have put this off in the past as the board runs fairly smoothly on version 2.0.6 however to comply with our web host's security requirements and to ensure that we take advantage of the latest patches and updates, it is now necessary to upgrade.

As we are using a non standard theme on the site this will involve manually editing the code in the files. This is being done on an offline version of the site to ensure as little downtime as possible.

I intend to upload the completed code either this evening (18th) or tomorrow evening (19th) (thats evening in the UK). I do not envision any serious outages but please bear with us during this transition. If the board appears to be down, leave it a few hours and try again later in the day.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Update: All files have been updated. The board is open for posting but please report any strangeness to one of the admin staff as soon as you spot it.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
I have been alerted to a couple of issues which I will be looking into

A: Registering on the site

Some new users are experiencing problems registering on the site. I currently have no information as to what the issue is, but I would presume it is related to a previous issue we had where certain Internet Service Providers randomly change their users IP addresses which causes the phpBB code to lose track of a user midway through the registration process.

If you want to join Comics Uncovered and have problems registering, please send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Administrator@comicsuncovered.com">Administrator@comicsuncovered.com</a><!-- e --> containing the details you had entered on the registration page and I will endeavour to set you up manually.

A: Random Signature Images not displaying properly.

This is due to new restrictions within the phpBB code which no longer permit .php as an extension when embedded within [img] tags.

The only acceptable image types are .jpg, .jpeg, .gif and .png.

For anyone interested here is a link detailing the changes through each version of the phpBB code: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/docs/CHANGELOG.html">http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/docs/CHANGELOG.html</a><!-- m -->
Another set of updates are long overdue and will be happening over the next week or so as time permits. Please bear with us during any downtime.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Ok folks, just a short note to let you all know that the latest round of board updates are now complete.

To thank you all for your patience I have added a little toy at the bottom of the main index - a shoutbox. Enjoy Wink
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]