Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excalibur re-relaunch
Chanty, I believe this one's got your name ALL OVER IT! Kind of disappointed that they are going to be getting rid of what Excalibur had become as of late, though.

there's a new Excalibur team starting up towards the end of the year. Captain Britain leads a team consisting of Pete Wisdom, Juggernaut, Nocturne, Sage and Dazzler with an all-new #1.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Ok, I can see this being 3 things.

One- Suckass if it's the female Captain Britian. If it's Brian Braddock, I'm there.

Two-A Chris Claremont Fiasco...if he's writing I won't read.

Three-FREAKIN' AWESOME. I'm missin' me some Pete Wisdom. I can see him hitting on Dazzler already.

Big Grin
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I'm a bit confused.

Isn't there already an Excalibur series in progress? Or have they already cancelled it?

Glenn
There is an Excalibur series right now that focuses on Professor X, Magneto, Calisto and a bunch of other mutant's struggles to rebuild Genosha. Or at least I think that is what the series is about. I'm not sure, I don't really read the book. I'm pretty sure that Scarlet Witch is in the book right now following the "Disassembled" story in Avengers that turned her into a "villain."

Something tells me that after the upcoming "House of M" storyline is said and done, the current Excalibur series will be done and over. Leaving room for the more familiar adventure oriented title.

But I have to agree with Enchantress. If they decide to use Chuck Austen's female Captain Britain instead of the Brian Braddock version, I won't even consider reading the book. Other than that I like the cast. Juggernaut has always been a better villain than X-Man, but I can live with it. I guess the character has always been just a few productive therapy sessions away from the straight and narrow anyway. Ultimate X-Men has been doing some fun stuff with their version of Dazzler lately, and I wouldn't mind seeing her back in the 616. Nocturne is an Exiles character that I am not familiar with, but I know she is a fan favorite and it will be nice to see her in a regular continuity setting. Especially since Claremont is already using her in his "X-Men: The End" book. And then throw Pete Wisdom and Sage into the mix and I think they might have something kinda cool. We'll just have to wait and see.
The Mighty Thor Wrote:I'm pretty sure that Scarlet Witch is in the book right now following the "Disassembled" story in Avengers that turned her into a "villain."
True, volume three of Excalibur, issues #13-14.

The Mighty Thor Wrote:Something tells me that after the upcoming "House of M" storyline is said and done, the current Excalibur series will be done and over. Leaving room for the more familiar adventure oriented title.
Also true. Confirmed by Joe Quesada this morning at Wizard World Philly.

Home, but still too tired to count up my booty...

Glenn
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsarama.com/wwphilly05/Marvel/XPanel/WWPhilXMen.htm">http://www.newsarama.com/wwphilly05/Mar ... ilXMen.htm</a><!-- m -->

Captain Britain (the male one) as they refer to him... so it's Brian back from Otherworld without Meggan.

A pink-haired Dazzler (nice improved look) and a black and blonde haired Nocturne... (who's idea was it to give her blonde bangs? he needs to be fired!!!)

Sage isn't on the cover and it's definitively set in England... (Big Ben is in the background)
Thanks for the link Rhapsody. It answers a lot of questions I had about Excalibur and the rest of the X-Books. I completely agree that Nocturne looks awful with the Rogue-ish bangs. Why screw with a good thing? As for me reading this title, I think I will pass unless I hear some really good reviews.

Nothing Claremont has done in the last ten years has impressed me that much, and never do I find myself waiting with bated breath for his next issue to come out. His Fantastic Four was almost unbearable, Extreme X-Men fizzled quickly and his current X-Men: The End is a whole lot of fluff built around a mediocre story. I'm sorry to say that Excalibur will not be making its way onto my Comic Club pull list.