Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hellboy - aka: How Ron Pearlman is going to rock your world.
By this point, I'm sure most of you have seen the commercials and the trailers, and I am going to assume that most of you have the same opinion as me...this movie is going to be great. The effects and make up look better than anything I've seen in a comic book film to date. X2 was great, but I think Hellboy is going to blow it away.

Now, I'll admit, I've never read a Hellboy comic. But I have admired the story and unmistakable Mike Mignola style from afar, and waited with baited breath for this movie to premiere. Maybe my lack of knowledge on the subject will help me enjoy the movie more, the same way it did when I saw The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I hadn't read that when I saw the movie either, and obviously enjoyed it much more than your average fanboy did.

So, how do you feel? Will it live up to the hype? Will it be great? I want to know your opinions here. But don't give away any spoilers please...I want to enjoy the film when I see it...skip to the end, tell me how to kill it.

TMT
Actually,
I'll admit I wasn't real keen on even seeing Hellboy because I didn't know a single thing about the story, but after seeing the trailer a couple times I think it looks highly interesting and by far seems to have some of the best special effects in a comic movie, like TMT mentioned.

And as a non-fan of the comics I'll probably be able to enjoy it more than I did the X-Men films (I liked 'em, but couldn't help myself from pointing out differences) because I won't be picking things apart while I watch.

~Tessa~
I'm still a bit undecided. The movie overall looks like it will be a good stand alone type of action/comic flick, but there's always that part of me that wants to have a bit of background on the characters before I dive into a comic movie. I was the same way with Hulk. I was familiar with the character, but didn't know a lot about him and thus, was reluctant to go see the film. Hopefully, much like I was with the Hulk, when I see Hellboy I'll be able to enjoy it as well without knowing a great deal about the characters involved.

My cousin who doesn't even read comics can't wait to see it. Heck...he didn't even know it was a comic until I told him. Guess that means it has that wide market appeal.
I've read a few, not a lot, Hellboy comics. It's a decent concept and it does look like Mignola's art made flesh in the sneak peeks I've seen. I do wish it was brighter though. I must however say that I'm psyched, BUT as with all comic-inspired films, I'm prepared for the heartbreak.

Glenn Walker
I hear you there Glenn. I want to get excited about this movie...but part of me is like "Remember Batman and Robin..."

*shudders*
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I'm definitely looking forward to this film. Having seen Perlman (who even out of makeup IS Hellboy) in makeup along with Abe Sapien the look of the books has definitely been captured well. I have only read a few of the stories but I liked what i read so far. I hope they manage to pace the film right. I think LXG was well paced, but Hulk was a bit slow at the start although they did have a lot to get in there. Here's hoping!
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
The movie industry has had a few flops when it comes to comic based movies, but I do not think Hellboy is going to be one of them.I am really looking forward to seeing this movie.I'm like most of you and I have not read one of Hellboy's comics, but I think the movie will be great regardless.
Well....J and I went and saw Hellboy today......

OH MY FRICKIN GODS!!!!!!!!

that movie kicked ass, took names and sent you to detention!!!

LOVED IT!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I personally loved the movie...I am new to the whole comic book thing, but I really enjoyed the movie...to be honest it made me want a liz heroclick