Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kal-El Cage?
From Yahoo News!
LOS ANGELES - Nicolas Cage is a new father. His wife, Alice Kim Cage, gave birth Monday to a boy, Kal-el Coppola Cage, in New York City, said Cage's Los Angeles-based publicist, Annett Wolf. No other details were available.
"They are healthy and happy and it's quite lovely," Wolf said by phone from New York.
Cage is a nephew of filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola. The 41-year-old actor had been slated to play comic book hero Superman, whose Kryptonite name is Kal-el, in a film by Tim Burton around 1996, but the movie fell apart in preproduction.
The couple married in July 2004. It was the third marriage for Cage and the first for his new wife, who was 20 when they were wed. They met when Cage visited a Los Angeles restaurant where she was working as a waitress.
Cage, who won an Oscar for his role in "Leaving Las Vegas," has a son from a previous relationship.
His screen credits also include "Lord of War," now in theaters, "Adaptation," "Honeymoon in Vegas" and "Moonstruck."
He was previously married to Lisa Marie Presley and actress Patricia Arquette.

--------------------------
Alright Nick... I'm a comic geek as much as the next person, but COME ON! This is a name your kid has to carry around for life.

Granted... had our little girl been a boy... We had discussed Jor-El as an option for a middle name.
Simply because... Zod was out of the question!

I've sat by and watched people get all riled up about this on several different website today and I've done nothing but chuckle about it.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I've recently gotten into a discussion about what Superhero/Comic names are acceptable for children. Or at least, the misbegotten offspring of comic nerds and nerdettes alike.

Among the most mentioned were Karen of Power Girl's alias Karen Star, and Kara, of Supergirl's Kryptonian name Kara Zor-El. Male names....well...

Male names jumped around from Hal Jordan [Surname] to Ultra Magnus [Surname]. Of course, these were mostly made in jest...but it seems that for males, comic related names are better reserved for middle names.
It's hillarious. The people I've listened complaining about this are the ones who'd name their kids after Harry Potter in a heartbeat.

I don't get it, maybe I'm not supposed to.

and Kara is a good name... :wink:
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]