Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel Knights Spider-Man
Ok, so the wall crawler, seemingly along with every other Marvel character is getting an MK imprint book. What do you think about this? In my opinion, it is not such an afront as the Ultimate treatment Marvel is giving everyone, but is it a good thing? Should the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man be given a title that leans to the more mature?

Personally, I feel that there is something good, clean and wholesome about the wall crawler that shouldn't be tampered with. I realize this day and age, by definition, leans a bit more to the darker side of things, but it just doesn't seem to fit with Spidey. Ghost Rider, Daredevil and Punisher belong under this imprint. But Spider-man? Or even Captain America? It just seems wrong.
It might be this movie sequel thing coming this summer. Marvel just wants to squeeze a few more bucks out of poor Spidey. It's got nothing to do with needing to tell more mature stories about the character.

Ever the cynic,

Glenn Walker
As someone who only recently began picking up a Spiderman title again (Spectacular) I am willing to give it a shot and see how it goes. I agree with Glenn on it probably being a cynical marketing ploy however sometimes good things come of that.. Secret Wars was after all just a cynical marketing ploy to sell toys and it gave us a great battle royal story.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
In the last few years, I have become a Spider-Man junky, so I don't care if they print it under a MAX imprint as longs as I gets me SPIDEY!
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
I just got done reading the most recent issue of Marvel Knights: Spiderman, and after a knock down, drag out batlle with Electro and Vulture (in that order) Spider-Man is left beaten and bloody. He's hospitalized, and:

[spoiler]Somebody took pictures of him without his mask, and by the end of the issue, it appears that J. Jonah Jameson now knows Spiderman is indeed Peter Parker!!!!!!!!!![/spoiler]

The battle was incredible. Electro has a lot of new tricks up his sleeves, and is now more deadly than ever. You'll have to check out the last two issues to see for yourself. Also, the Owl and his new crime cartel makes an appearance and appears every bit as frightening and deadly as he did in his recent Daredevil appearances. Still proving itself to be a quality book.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Simple (hopefully) question:

Is Marvel Knights: Spider-Man in regular Marvel Universe continuity?

Glenn Walker
I can't say for sure, but I believe it is. The first, and in my opinion best, Marvel Knights book was Daredevil, and I have always assumed that to be in regular continuity. I don't know why Marvel Knights Spider-man would be any different. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

TMT
Yeah, it's regular continuity. Can't spell. Augh. Good series so far. Love Osborn's little chats with Peter. Capture Osborn's character, despite the fact that I don't like his secret being revealed and he being imprison.
One of the most recent issues shows exactly how psychotic Norman Osborn can be, and it makes me cringe with fear of what he's capable of. It's a pretty good book so far, although I have to say I'm not pleased at all with what they are doing to Venom.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]