Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read a good book lately?
Ok, on reccomendation, Thor bought me "One for the Money" and "Two for the Dough" By Janet Evanovich for Yule this year.
Well...I started the series a little over two weeks ago and have sped through all ten books (plus the Christmas novella) in record time. I didn't even read the Mists of Avalon that fast!

I HIGHLY recommend these books for anyone looking for a break from the norm...and a good belly laugh.
I swear, I relate so much to Stephanie Plum it scares me!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Well now...since my last posting I'm happy to report that I have finished not one...not two...but four good reads. Ha!

Beyond Good and Evil - Friedrich Nietzsche (Because...well...I'm me.)
The Prince - Niccolo Machiavelli (Why some people call this the "handbook of evil" I'll never know.)
The Art of War - Sun Tzu (Ahhh Batman you crazy son of a...)

And ummmm....

Ten mumblemumblemumble - mumblemumble

Yep. Four top of the line classics right there. Yessiree. No doubt about it. Books that changed the wolrd right there. Yup. Mmm hmm.

~nods and backs away~
ROFL.

I'm working on stealing Angels and Demons by Dan Brown from TMT so I can read it and then dive into the DaVinci Code.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Enchantress Wrote:ROFL.

I'm working on stealing Angels and Demons by Dan Brown from TMT so I can read it and then dive into the DaVinci Code.

Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress" is his best so far in my opinion - best writing as opposed to best concept which goes hands down to "The DaVinci Code."

Glenn Walker
Curently on my bedside table...

"The Wolves of Calla" by Stephen King
"Dragon Precinct" by Keith R.A. DeCandido
"Can You Keep a Secret?" by Sophie Kinsella
and re-reading "Dracula" by Bram Stoker....

Glenn Walker
Currently finished reading-

The DaVinci Code
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Memoirs of a Geisha

Out of all of them, the last was my favorite. Just an all around beautiful book.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Currently on the bedside table...

"The War Bug" by Biff Mitchell
"This Is Not A Game" by Dave Szulborski
"Fantastic Four: War Zone" by Greg Cox
"Charmed" by Beth Ciotta

Glenn
I recently polished of "Shades of Memnon" by Brother G. I'm currently working through "The Vampire Genevieve" by Jack Yeovil.
The last book I completed was Batman: No Man's Land. (thanks to 'chanty for loaning it to me) Excellent book. Put me in the perfect state of mind to watch Batman Begins.

I know, I know....it's a book based on a comic book character......

Anyway, I'm currently reading:

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Rainbow Six (one of the best series of games ever created for the PC, btw)
Re-reading Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Winter Night, & Spring Dawning (first read them 15 yrs ago) before I read Dragons of Summer Flame
[Image: status.php?host=74.137.121.93]
I just recently finished 'Wicked - The life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West' by Gregory Maguire. I personally loved it, which is strange since I'm really not a big fan of the Wizard of Oz.
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]
Thor bought me that book a few years ago. Since then, everyone in my family has read it.
It's a great book.

I'm wanting to read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister myself.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Shoot me, shoot me now. I just finished reading "Dark Lord, the rise of Darth Vader." By James Lucien.

Over all, I enjoyed it. However the little bit of Dante and Randall (a Clerks reference for those who didn't get it.) in me can't get over the whole explanation of the "Construction Workers" who built the Death Star. Yeah, it makes sense. But the whole time I'm reading it, I've got that scene from Clerks playing out in my head.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]