Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Fan's Opinion
With Comic-Con International in San Diego less than two weeks away, Erik Larsen checks in with some very helpful advice for fans on "how to talk to a comic book professional." Never been to San Diego before? This will be required reading for you.

Read more...

Source: CBR Articles
Articles from the comic book site you HAVE to visit!
Thanks for posting the link, CU. It might all seem like common sense but y'all would be surprised what I've seen go on at cons. We're almost talking Golden Rule territory. Respect others and treat them as you would like to be treated. And that includes folks you don't like.

For instance, for all my bravado about wanting to punch Frank Miller in the mouth and demanding my $26 back for The Dark Knight Strikes Again, I probably wouldn't really. I might try to enter into a discussion as to why the man hates superheroes so much, but nothing threatening.

And the game of respect goes both ways. At last year's Wizard Philly I took to wearing my press badge under my jacket as I walked down the indie alley. This was because of one gentleman (and it was my proudest moment as a self-proclaimed critic) who tried to come over a table at me for a review I wrote. ;-)

Back on topic, treat the pros with respect, and as fellow human beings, and things should be cool.

Glenn Walker